• 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-02-2019, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
LED headlights for the kawasaki Versys 1000

Shibumik likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 02:02 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Awesome video. Still Satisfied....?
Did you have to add a resistor or something...?

What model of Bulb did you use..?

keeping two wheels on the ground...
PLaF (Pierre LaFrance).
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 04:00 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by plaf View Post

Not my video it belongs to YouTube user Ozarks Backroads

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-10-2019, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Led Headlight Conversion/ Pizza Delivery

Quote:
Originally Posted by plaf View Post

I did a post on this, not worth your time unless you have a MK-1 or MK-2 Versys and I realize this is the V1000 forum, but the reflector is the same as the 650 ABS Versys
Read my last post, also if you look at the video just posted using Beamtech ( which has some older reviews that are very negative, the one in the video has a separate driver), you will realize it is a waste of time .Also pay close attention to the beam pattern of the LED, notice above the tape line a illumination, also some angles down right and left, also the high beam has the same affect, straight into a oncoming drivers eyes. Yes the ones I am using can be aimed, I describe that in my last post of that link.And unless you use your motorcycle MK-3 Versys, for pizza delivery, buy some good quality led lights like the Denali as in my attached photo.
https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...onversion.html

my 6000 lumen Safego F2 low beam

Last edited by onewizard; 03-10-2019 at 04:29 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2019, 11:20 PM

Garage
I did this mod this weekend using the Beamtech H7ís as outlined in the video. I did have to cut the headlight boots to fit the assembly. I also had to lower my headlight pattern. That being said, no pissed off drivers - yet. Signs lit up like they were lit for once. Nice pattern. Brights are heaven sent.

Night tested them tonight. The light is exceptional - worlds apart from the crap stock lights on the V1k.

Not sure how long these will last. If they donít, will replace them with higher quality lights. That being said, will never go back to stock lights - horrible. Not sure why Kawasaki didnít do led to start with.

Between this and my Back Off tail light modulator, improved visibility for less than $100. Cheap insurance and great investments.

With all the pollution and climate change, what kind of world will we leave Keith Richards?

Last edited by Shibumik; 03-25-2019 at 11:22 PM.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 07:44 AM

I just did this change-over. Much better. Stock lights are so bad they need a safety recall. Lowered my low beam also. High beam is killer. Also unstalled led marker lights. The light is so-so in twilight situations, but otherwise much better. there may be better out there, so speak up if feel you've found a superior set-up. The bike is much more visible in the day time.

That being said, I'm getting a light bar for more light...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in