V 1000 / Bike wont turn over, dead after a day - Page 5 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 33Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #81 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:27 PM
Member
 
quexpress's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada
Posts: 981
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
We're looking at the V1k here, which idles at 1000 rpm.
Sorry. I had taken for granted that this was about 650s because this thread is in the 650 section of the forum.
52Degrees likes this.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
quexpress is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #82 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 01:34 PM
Member
 
52Degrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hellish Central California
Posts: 670
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Sorry. I had taken for granted that this was about 650s because this thread is in the 650 section of the forum.
Yeah. The OP started the thread on this section on accident.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
52Degrees is offline  
post #83 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-01-2019, 03:03 PM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,080
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
edited Thread / Moved to V1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Sorry. I had taken for granted that this was about 650s because this thread is in the 650 section of the forum.
No worries, many of us responded the same way, it is now obvious.
quexpress and 52Degrees like this.
onewizard is offline  
 
post #84 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-02-2019, 04:58 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
We're looking at the V1k here, which idles at 1000 rpm.

With that said, I can attest to having no issues with running the full lighting package while idling. I don't make a habit of if it, but the bike has idled long enough to activate the cooling fan a number of times with the high beam on, and no trouble lights or guage fluctuations were noted. This was also with my fog lights on high.

I have since replaced the incandescent low beam with an led unit.
I am interested in upgrading the low beam on my V1k as well.

Sorry for the delay in posting testing results, I am working on some stuff at work that sucks up my life and brain.
onewizard and 52Degrees like this.
JackImpact is offline  
post #85 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 11:20 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 7,080
Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
LEd specific Lighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
I am interested in upgrading the low beam on my V1k as well.

Sorry for the delay in posting testing results, I am working on some stuff at work that sucks up my life and brain.
My understanding is the headlight on the V1000 is similar to the V650, I can tell you if it is better lighting and the reflectors are the same, you are wasting your time, I did install a LED on the low beam, it reduces my base load by about 45 watts ( I was running a Osram 65 watt which is closer to 100 watts at 14.2 volts). I installed the Denali 2.0 led and run on high beam 97% of the time.Both are aimed for distance, the right side is aimed into the ditch, the left is slightly right of center and forward about equal to the center of my high beam Osram 65 watt.
Since the V1000 appears to have more wattage available than the V650 , and I haven't heard of one stator failure to date, my thought is it would be a waste of time and $$$. Add aux. lighting instead.My aux. lighting can be on while my main lighting is off ( key on bike not running or running )
52Degrees likes this.

Last edited by onewizard; 10-03-2019 at 11:24 AM.
onewizard is offline  
post #86 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-03-2019, 11:32 AM
Member
 
52Degrees's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2018
Location: Hellish Central California
Posts: 670
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
My understanding is the headlight on the V1000 is similar to the V650, I can tell you if it is better lighting and the reflectors are the same, you are wasting your time, I did install a LED on the low beam, it reduces my base load by about 45 watts ( I was running a Osram 65 watt which is closer to 100 watts at 14.2 volts). I installed the Denali 2.0 led and run on high beam 97% of the time.Both are aimed for distance, the right side is aimed into the ditch, the left is slightly right of center and forward about equal to the center of my high beam Osram 65 watt.
Since the V1000 appears to have more wattage available than the V650 , and I haven't heard of one stator failure to date, my thought is it would be a waste of time and $$$. Add aux. lighting instead.My aux. lighting can be on while my main lighting is off ( key on bike not running or running )
The led I installed improved night driving quite a bit, but that may have more to do with the reflectivity of lane markers in my area and less to do with an actual increase in brightness. The main reason I did it was to improve bulb life.

Also, the whiter light does compete better with the ultra-bright headlights on cars around here, not to mention the idiots constantly driving with their high beams on in traffic.
onewizard likes this.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
52Degrees is offline  
post #87 of 87 (permalink) Old 10-06-2019, 02:13 PM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2016
Posts: 151
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quick update, busy weekend.

Measured draw with the tender and lights, and it was still .17mA.

Put the phone charger on and it was over 4.00mA

Left the phone charger unhooked for now. Bikes been starting fine all week with no riding.

Didnt get a chance to measure recharge system yet.
JackImpact is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome