a shocking follow up - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 1Likes
  • 1 Post By hawkerjet
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:04 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 167
a shocking follow up

mark this into the "this sucks " category.

I purchased an ohlins shock for my 2015 v1000 off ebay from an outfit in Italy cally "sestamarcia racing" . Almost 600.00 but the bike needs it and that's a great price for an Ohlins.

well it's a great price if it fits the bike. It doesn't. it's 2.25" to short . I suspect, at 12" eye to eye it actually fits a Versys 650. But it certainly is NOT for the Versys 1000.

Now I'm trying to get my money back, and shopping for a proper Versys 1000 shock.

UGH.

Steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:20 AM
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 833
Man that's a bummer Steve.

I went with a Nitron shock on my V-650. Absolutely love it. I had a Penske double clicker on my FZ-09 and I have to say this Nitron is the superior shock.

Here is their US distributor.

Nitron USA Kawasaki Shocks

Mike the owner is a great guy to work with. Super helpful and will take his time to answer all your questions.

I went with their entry level model, the R1. It is a great match for my bike.

The R1 has one adjuster knob which controls both rebound and compression damping. Other entry level shocks like the Penske and Olins have one adjuster that only changes the rebound damping.

Give Mike a call. I am sure you will be glad you did.

PS: You don't have to go with the blue spring. A silver black is also available. That's what I have on my V and it looks great.
onewizard likes this.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.

Last edited by hawkerjet; 03-27-2019 at 09:31 AM.
hawkerjet is online now  
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 09:33 AM
Super Moderator
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener Ontario
Posts: 5,873
Add Vendor in How To

Quote:
Originally Posted by hawkerjet View Post
Man that's a bummer Steve.

I went with a Nitron shock on my V-650. Absolutely love it. I had a Penske double clicker on my FZ-09 and I have to say this Nitron is the superior shock.

Here is their US distributor.

Nitron USA Kawasaki Shocks

Mike the owner is a great guy to work with. Super helpful and will take his time to answer all your questions.

I went with their entry level model, the R1. It is a great match for my bike.

The R1 has one adjuster knob which controls both rebound and compression damping. Other entry level shocks like the Penske and Olins have one adjuster that only changes the rebound damping.

Give Mike a call. I am sure you will be glad you did.
I did a quick search and couldn't find any post by you on this, I would like to add a thread c/w a link to this vendor in the How To. It is always best to have a thread with photos and experience included with the link. So you do a post and I will copy it to How To
onewizard is offline  
 
post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
 
fasteddiecopeman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Kelowna, BC - summer; Florence, AZ - winter
Posts: 16,522
Just measured my OEM 650 shock at 300 mm = 11.8".

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.


Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
fasteddiecopeman is online now  
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-27-2019, 02:02 PM
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
I did a quick search and couldn't find any post by you on this
How about this one?

https://www.kawasakiversys.com/forum...ron-shock.html

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
hawkerjet is online now  
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 11:09 AM Thread Starter
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 167
I just spoke to the guys at Traxxion dynamics. They can rebuild / revalve / respring the stock shock for about 400.00 . I'm running their suspension on my concours 14, and it's stellar. I'm awaiting a refund from paypal for the Ohlins, and I will just send in the stocker to be rebuilt. Steve
Steve in Sunny Fl is offline  
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old Today, 01:46 PM
Member
 
hawkerjet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Fresno aka Shake & Bake California
Posts: 833
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve in Sunny Fl View Post
I just spoke to the guys at Traxxion dynamics. They can rebuild / revalve / respring the stock shock for about 400.00 . I'm running their suspension on my concours 14, and it's stellar. I'm awaiting a refund from paypal for the Ohlins, and I will just send in the stocker to be rebuilt. Steve
Dan is a great guy to work with.

Bought a Penske double clicker from them. Also had a shock overhauled and revalved.

Class act for sure.

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
hawkerjet is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in













Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
MotoVlogging, Who does? Who do you follow? SprinterboyAus Off Topic Discussions 9 08-18-2016 11:48 AM
follow up...with picture kneatt Member Introductions 3 06-03-2013 04:35 PM
Doctor follow up. Time Off Topic Discussions 2 10-16-2012 11:54 PM
frame crack problems follow-up perryd80 Technical Discussion - V-650 6 11-26-2008 01:49 PM

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome