Grumble, grumble... - Page 2 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
 27Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 11:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 52Degrees View Post
I don't mind kerosene at all... Other than not knowing where to find it around here.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

The oldest boy bought some. I can't remember if he got it at Lowes, Home Depot or Wal-Mart. I'll ask him and let you know...
52Degrees likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 01:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't mind kerosene at all... Other than not knowing where to find it around here.

Diesel fuel is BASICALLY kerosene. Or go to a 'general aviation' airport and buy a couple of gallons of JP4.
52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #23 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 02:36 PM

Im liking the zen of using WD40 more and more lately on my chain.Meaning minimalist as opposed to cleaning all the gunk off with kerosene and brush,then putting more stuff on that turns to gunk! WD40 is naptha,refined kerosene mixed with a fine oil and a foaming agent.Soaks the naptha in and the foaming pushes the grit out,leaving the inner link clean and lightly oiled.Or so I surmise.One stop chain maintenance.You can spray it on lightly without getting it all over the place,a can lasts a while. The key is to do it often like Eddie says,after a day ride for me.Quick up on the snap jack.At home I use a lite spray of white zero fling grease as well as a finisher after WD40 and quick-wiping the chain with a paper towel first.
52Degrees likes this.

post #24 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 09:45 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:

walmart....
52Degrees likes this.

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #25 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-23-2018, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Probably with paint or something?

I don't know about you guys, but I have to be careful about what I say in shopping for at that place.

I swear they've tapped my phone so they can pull whatever in looking for before I walk in.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #26 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-24-2018, 05:39 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaaklucas View Post
...a can lasts a while. The key is to do it often like Eddie says,after a day ride for me.Quick up on the snap jack.At home I use a lite spray of white zero fling grease as well as a finisher after WD40 and quick-wiping the chain with a paper towel first.
I buy it in GALLONS, so MY 'cans' last a VERY long time! (MORE WD40, less 'carrier' that way.)
52Degrees likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode