Stock tyres or not - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Stock tyres or not

What are the best tyres to put on the 1000 versys for mixed riding wet and dry?
regards
The Pike Man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:48 AM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I've been running Michelin PR's since 2011 they work great dry,wet.city.mountains.freeway. For my V-1000 i recently put on the Road 5's and really like how they are performing....

5's by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:10 PM

Garage
Michellin PRs are the gold standard. BUT...if you wanna save a few bucks, get almost as good performance/life, and get $75 back in rebate, check out the Dunlop RoadSmart III tires. I just put them on and love them.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 07-11-2018, 05:14 AM

Garage
I ran a set of Michelin Road 5s and they were absolutely great in the rain but I didn't get decent mileage from them..Im recommend the Metzler Roadtec 01s which are also great in the rain and give much better mileage...for me anyway.

2016 green V1K
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-12-2018, 11:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgtmango333 View Post
Michellin PRs are the gold standard. BUT...if you wanna save a few bucks, get almost as good performance/life, and get $75 back in rebate, check out the Dunlop RoadSmart III tires. I just put them on and love them.
PRs are excellent but awful pricey!

I’m probably grabbing that roadsmart deal by the end of August as they’re 200 a set with the rebate, thats almost half the price of the PR5 and I highly doubt it lasts twice as long.

The Avon Spirit ST is 228 a set (v650) and includes a puncture warranty for half the tires life and the Continental had towing included (150 miles) as a perk for some of their models. The Road Attack 3 is highly rated.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-15-2018, 02:21 PM

Garage
That's right! I forgot to mention the rebate. I bought mine through Revzilla, earning a little zilla cash as well as the $75 from Dunlop. After the zilla cash and the rebate, the tires basically cost me $188.28 for the pair. Of course I ended up spending the savings on install after I messed it up!
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-24-2018, 09:49 PM

I loved the Dunlop Road Elites on my Yamaha VStar 950. I was able to get 16K miles out of them, seriously.

As soon as I'm done with the stock tires on my V1K, I will get the Dunlop Roadsmart. Cant wait for those, as I feel they are superior to Bridgestone grip, or "Slipstone" as the guy at my local bike shop says.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode