Change Exhaust - Kawasaki Versys Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 06:18 AM Thread Starter

Change Exhaust

Hi has anyone changed the exhaust to remove the cat, drop the weight? Here in Ireland there are no annual NCT's/MOT's for motorcycles so emissions is not an issue?
All input appreciated.
The Pike man.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 07:44 AM

Garage
I'm not intending to be a jerk, or some environmentalist activist, and I understand the performance and handling aspects of what you are asking. But I believe that all forms of pollution are always a concern, for all of us. Or at least they should be.

You have already paid for the catalytic converter, why not keep it installed so your bike produces a little less pollution when you ride it? It won't cost you anything extra to keep it, and your V is plenty fun to ride as it is. Could it be better? Sure it could be. But life is about choices and compromises. I've chosen to ride my V to work 3.5 seasons to reduce my expenses, as well as my carbon footprint, when compared to driving our small SUV that I drive during the worst of the winter months.

Might I suggest a different modification that will have a greater change to your bike? A light weight battery such as a Lithium battery. This will make a more significant change to your bike's handling as it is much higher in the frame than the exhaust system. The bike will feel much more nimble. Similar to how it feels when the fuel tank is almost empty, as compared to full.

Just a suggestion for consideration.

Regards,
Dave

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Hi Dave,
thanks for your thoughts, already done the battery thing.
regards

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 07-10-2018, 09:42 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishforpike View Post
Hi has anyone changed the exhaust to remove the cat, drop the weight? Here in Ireland there are no annual NCT's/MOT's for motorcycles so emissions is not an issue?
All input appreciated.
The Pike man.
There are lots of guys on the UK Versys 1000 form that have done it. Heres a link to a thread that might interest you..https://www.versys1000.com/index.php/topic,18553.0.html

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode