• 2 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001
  • 1 Post By weljo2001

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 03:08 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Installed K&N Air Filter On The V-1000 Today

Since it's suppose to get to 87 degrees today i wanted to get the filter changed this morning.

K&N Air Filter Install by weljo2001, on Flickr

Took the 2 upper side fairing off and the 2 tank bolts. Only needed to take one hose off on the left side of the tank right by the grommet that you can see in the photo.Pulling the tank straight up the bar risers will be in the way so just move the tank while lifting to the right or left to get by the risers. When i lifted the tank i found a bolt that other have found while working on their bikes

Used a handle off a paint roller to hold up the tank.

Took all the screws out of the air box. Would hold the tank when needed to get to the bottom screws.The stock filter has the screen to the top..Had 7200 miles on the stock filter..

K&N installed and air box tightened down with sticker put on. The screw in the middle of the box was a pain so i took one of those telescoping rod with a magnet on the end put the magnet end to the screw driver rod next to the handle and it allowed the screw to stick to the screw driver so i could guide it into the hole and tightened it down.

Lowered the tank to it's position and tightened the tank bolts. Needed to use the telescoping magnet again to get the tank bolts lined up in the holes. Put the hose back on the tank and put some multi purpose white grease on the grommets to make for an easier install of the upper side fairings (worked really nice)

onewizard and StormRider like this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 05-12-2018 at 01:03 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:05 PM
Super Moderator

Bit confused Joe, is the new filter with screen on it or is that the old filter?

Here is my 2015 filter

Last edited by onewizard; 01-28-2018 at 07:10 PM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-28-2018, 07:41 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
Bit confused Joe, is the new filter with screen on it or is that the old filter?

Here is my 2015 filter

The stock air filter had the screen on it. The K&N looks the same on both sides..
onewizard likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-30-2018, 03:13 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just took it out for a BBQ run. First time out with the new filter. I'm not looking for any hp gains. I like that with the filter the bike seems less restricted and for sure breathes better. Noticed it was smoother and quicker than before. So I'm happy with the results...
crosshairs likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:11 PM

Air Filter Q

Hey weljo2001.
I own a 2015 Kawasaki Versys LT1000. Total newbie to the forum and bike maintenance in general. Manual says only let dealer service this but I want to do it myself. A quick search of K&N website. A bit confusing on selecting model. Went with K&N KA-1111 Air Filter for a KLZ1000 Versys LT Engine #1043/1049. Seems to be same as yours. I can do this!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2019, 05:58 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by FDMJeff View Post
Hey weljo2001.
I own a 2015 Kawasaki Versys LT1000. Total newbie to the forum and bike maintenance in general. Manual says only let dealer service this but I want to do it myself. A quick search of K&N website. A bit confusing on selecting model. Went with K&N KA-1111 Air Filter for a KLZ1000 Versys LT Engine #1043/1049. Seems to be same as yours. I can do this!

Yep thats the right filter.....https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...filter-ka-1111

To make it easier get one of those telescoping magnets.....https://www.amazon.com/Master-Magnet...gateway&sr=8-4 .I picked up one at Harbour Freight for a couple of bucks. The 2 tank bolts just below the handle bar risers using the magnet will make it super easy to get lined up and back into the bolt holes. Also for the the middle bolt of the air cleaner. Just take your time and it should go smooth for you....
funflyingguy likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode