Heated pant liners - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 04:54 PM Thread Starter

Heated pant liners

I finally got that last piece of electrically heated gear..the pants...Usually I put on 3-4 layers of long underwear to keep the legs warm..while this isn't much of a problem..they do get bulky...I got myself a pair of Warm n Safe pant liners today and boy..just like all of my other heated gear..what a joy...It was like having the warm sun basking on your legs and knees...I'll be replacing my Gordon's jacket liner with a Warm n Safe jacket liner as soon as I can afford it..because I like the WnS gear a lot better...Electrically heated gear makes winter riding like summer riding...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-27-2015, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
I finally got that last piece of electrically heated gear..the pants...Usually I put on 3-4 layers of long underwear to keep the legs warm..while this isn't much of a problem..they do get bulky...I got myself a pair of Warm n Safe pant liners today and boy..just like all of my other heated gear..what a joy...It was like having the warm sun basking on your legs and knees...I'll be replacing my Gordon's jacket liner with a Warm n Safe jacket liner as soon as I can afford it..because I like the WnS gear a lot better...Electrically heated gear makes winter riding like summer riding...

One of those Winter jump suits always does it for me a couple of days a year when I need it (in SE USA,) but the deep cold never quits where you are at I imagine.

Winter in the Southern Appalachian mountains it the best: no tourists and you can see around the corners. You sometimes have to detour around snow clouds, but it's aways fun in the mountains in the Winter (with no precipitation.) It's like an empty playground. You just have to keep tabs on the weather.

How does heated gear help the black ice on the roads up North though? As well, getting salt all over your bike does not seem like a picnic. I don't know how you guys do it, but I guess that's why many of you are such good mechanics: you get a lot of practice.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 07:09 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
How does heated gear help the black ice on the roads up North though? As well, getting salt all over your bike does not seem like a picnic. I don't know how you guys do it, but I guess that's why many of you are such good mechanics: you get a lot of practice.
if you turn your heated gear up to high it will melt the black ice..lol...I stay off the bike if it's freezing and there's any moisture involved...the only exception would be the Polar Bear Run on Jan.!st (a must ride)...last year it was 28 degrees outside for the PBR...I'm in Oregon and we don't salt the roads (not that they need it much)..instead they use a "de-icer" goob that's actually slicker than the ice on a bike (I got bit by it)...I rode around today with 40 degree temperatures and felt like it was July...four pieces of electric gear with a controller (2 dual controllers) for each...actually looking forward to some 30 degree temps...

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 11-28-2015, 08:14 PM

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by CamBkm; 11-30-2015 at 04:31 PM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-05-2015, 11:28 AM

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadams66 View Post
four pieces of electric gear with a controller (2 dual controllers) for each...actually looking forward to some 30 degree temps.
Very interesting! Does the Versys charging system handle this without any problems?
Thanks!

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-06-2015, 03:08 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by quexpress View Post
Very interesting! Does the Versys charging system handle this without any problems?
Thanks!
I guess we'll see...last winter I had everything except the pant liners with no percieved problems...if my stator goes our before 30k or so I'll know why...lol...

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 07:38 AM

I need to pick up one of those little charge indicator LED's for the dash to let me know if i'm overloading the system while riding.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 12:21 PM
Super Moderator

On "onewizard's" advice I bought a "Heads-Up" LED voltage indicator, and heartily recommend them!

It's on my '15 in BC, so I can't give any more info than that....

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-07-2015, 10:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
On "onewizard's" advice I bought a "Heads-Up" LED voltage indicator, and heartily recommend them!

It's on my '15 in BC, so I can't give any more info than that....
and good advice it was...

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-08-2015, 06:38 PM

I bought this. No installation needed...

Mini LED Display Digital Car Voltmeter 12V/24V Vehicle Voltage Gauge https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00962CQNC..._aF3zwb0VERMEG

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode