Heated gloves, how do you route your wires? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 09:04 AM Thread Starter

Heated gloves, how do you route your wires?

I got a sweet deal on a pair of 12V Volt Resistance gloves, I like them a lot although I am going to have to learn how the bike feels with large gloves now.

Each glove has a wire that runs down the sleeves which meets at a controller, controller then has a connector that plugs into the cable on the bike that runs to the battery.

I've got each arm's wire attached to the liner clip inside the sleeve cuff so they can't fall inside, that works great. The wires for each sleeve are QUITE long, then from the controller to its plug is quite short. This AM was the first time I've ridden the whole setup, I wound up having to step inside the V formed by the wires to the controller (to keep it in front of me), then when I mount the bike I plug in and plug in and put on the gloves. I still have a small nest of wires in my crotch/under the zipper of the riding jacket.

Any input would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 03:43 PM

If you get a heated jacket liner (like Girbings), it will have plug connectors at the sleeve cuff areas. So you just plug your gloves into those plugs. The jacket liner controller controls the gloves at the same time. I've been using mine for several years now, and it works great! I used it yesterday for my Fall Color Tour of the North Kettle Moraines (in southern Wisconsin). I have heated pant liners and heated socks, and heated grips. I used them all yesterday.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-26-2015, 11:04 PM

Garage
I, too, use the Gerbing's liner to plug in my Gerbing's gloves. That still leaves me a two-channel controller at my crotch area. Still, on a long ride in cold weather, I will take that over getting into the metro area with freezing hands and brain...

When I ride my short commute into work, I just put on my insulated layers and think warm thoughts.

When it comes to havoc, no one wreaks like me! - Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz

I will never be good and that's not bad. - Ban-Anon

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 06:03 AM

use some extensions and mount the controller so you only have the cords between you and the tank.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 10-27-2015, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AdventureSeeker View Post
Heated gloves, how do you route your wires?
My gloves plug into my jacket and my jacket plugs into the little Gerbing plug sticking out by my seat. I also put a Gerbing male on my Battery Tender and charge the battery using the same connector.

These connectors come fused and with terminals that fit right on the battery. I bought mine from my dealer who got them out of a catalog, but I'm sure they aren't too hard to find online.

IMG_1485.jpg
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-15-2015, 08:50 PM

what everybody else said..get a good heated jacket liner...I ran wires through my jacket before I did..lots of extra wires everywhere...I use that wiring now for heated socks..lots of wires...for my jacket and gloves (Gordon's Heated Gear..made in the USA..by the family that formerly owned Gerbring) I now have a remote controller by Warm n Safe clipped to my fairing (works great..)...I plan on getting Warm n Safe heated pant liners that will serve just like the jacket liner and I can hook my socks up to them w/ heating separate controls...if I hadn't been all patriotic and stuff (buying american made in the great northwest Gordon's gear) I would've gone with Warm n Safe heated gear...

Gordon Gerbing Welcomes You!

Warm & Safe, the Home of the Warmest Clothing in the Universe

I don't always ride..but when I do I stay warm...ride warm my friends...

:wink2

oh..check out those Barkduster's Blizzard hand guards I posted about...worth every penny and more...

Last edited by chadams66; 11-15-2015 at 08:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode