Earbud recommendations? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 07:48 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Earbud recommendations?

I'm looking for a new pair. Currently using an $80 pair of Scosches I bought five years ago. They sound great but I'm not getting as much isolation as I'd like. All the wind is hitting my helmet and is loud as hell from the 100MPH south florida commutes.

I have to crank them up to hear my podcasts, but not so much for music.

Some reviews said the Bose active canceling buds don't work well on the bike for wind, plus they have that giant box which will be flip flopping in the wind.

Any pairs with a nice isolated port or something? I'm leaning towards the Bose True whatever $100 normal pair if they can seal right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 09:33 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Modake View Post
I'm looking for a new pair. Currently using an $80 pair of Scosches I bought five years ago. They sound great but I'm not getting as much isolation as I'd like. All the wind is hitting my helmet and is loud as hell from the 100MPH south florida commutes.

I have to crank them up to hear my podcasts, but not so much for music.

Some reviews said the Bose active canceling buds don't work well on the bike for wind, plus they have that giant box which will be flip flopping in the wind.

Any pairs with a nice isolated port or something? I'm leaning towards the Bose True whatever $100 normal pair if they can seal right.
I run Shure SE215s and I like them a lot. The wind noise is almost non-existent, but I can still hear traffic, the engine, etc...and Shure actually cares about how good the sound is, not just how loud.
I've used the Bose in ear noise canceling with the noise canceling off but I didn't like how much I had to mess with them once I had my helmet on. As far as the box flapping in the wind, it's about 1-2" from the headphone plug so unless your phone is flapping in the wind the battery/switch won't. I would say that I've found the noise canceling doesn't work well in wind in non-moto applications.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by Cheftyler; 10-23-2015 at 09:36 AM.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 09:35 AM

Garage
If you get the 215s, I would suggest getting the Accessory Cables for them as well to give you a mic and controls for play/pause/fwd/rev as the 215s don't have them from the factory.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-23-2015, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
I used to use the MEElectronic Sports-Fi in ear headphones under the helmet.
MEElectronics | All In-Ear Headphones

Keep an Eye out as they have sales on Bargain websites and on Amazon all the time.

I have the M6 and M6P

They are really really good for the price. Sounds are great and deep. Isolate very well.

I told my my mate and he also bought them. He was very impressed with them as he always bought replacement costing over $100. Not now.

We have since upgraded to Sena 20s Bluetooth headsets for our audio. But we still use them all the time when off the bike.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode