Executioner Racing Leather Jacket $150 - nice - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 07:06 PM Thread Starter

Executioner Racing Leather Jacket $150 - nice

Real nice jacket from Leather Up in 2 days, from LA

The padding, air vents, pockets, and side belts are pretty nice. It's an Xelement jacket. Getting ready for a short Winter.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 09:08 PM

Garage
Does it have CE armor?

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

From my last post, you can see sewn in bicep side pads, and from the pic above it has removable ce pads in shoulder as well as elbow and back. Plus it's got sewn in (EXTRA) upper and lower back protection. That was what sold me other than having a waist/chest dimensions to size it with (most don't have dimensions OR complete padding.) It's the first padded leather jacket I've had, so I will feel pretty safe.

Dimension and quality wise, I looked all over and for $149.99 complete, I could not find better in a few days. It's Leather Up's house brand, so if you see an advertised price lower on ebay, add the shipping and ebay tax and you will be the same or higher. But for the same price, I'd rather buy from the distributor (sometimes ebay sellers push reject parts they get wholesale - I don't want to take a chance.) It does seem like a $400 jacket from comparing it on the web, but I've never owned a $400 jacket, so...?? But it's definitely the nicest I've had, and a little extra insurance on the road.

When my waterproof/uv 303 protector and saddle soap arrive, it will more of a permanent rain/Sun proof motorcycle garment.

And when web sellers say "leather", a lot of them are buffalo or sheep (from Scotland, lol) baaaaa. I don't know the difference, but they are a lot cheaper than cow hide leather.

https://www.leatherup.com/p/Armored-...ket/54613.html

They have so many jackets, so I thought I'd give the link above, and at least you have a good one to compare with if you can find one better for the price. And the main zipper has a wind flap and is enveloped with leather so you don't scratch you tank when you lay on it on the expressway jet streaming.

Last edited by kawdog; 08-27-2015 at 11:10 PM.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post

From my last post, you can see sewn in bicep side pads, and from the pic above it has removable ce pads in shoulder as well as elbow and back. Plus it's got sewn in (EXTRA) upper and lower back protection. That was what sold me other than having a waist/chest dimensions to size it with (most don't have dimensions OR complete padding.) It's the first padded leather jacket I've had, so I will feel pretty safe.

Dimension and quality wise, I looked all over and for $149.99 complete, I could not find better in a few days. It's Leather Up's house brand, so if you see an advertised price lower on ebay, add the shipping and ebay tax and you will be the same or higher. But for the same price, I'd rather buy from the distributor (sometimes ebay sellers push reject parts they get wholesale - I don't want to take a chance.) It does seem like a $400 jacket from comparing it on the web, but I've never owned a $400 jacket, so...?? But it's definitely the nicest I've had, and a little extra insurance on the road.

When my waterproof/uv 303 protector and saddle soap arrive, it will more of a permanent rain/Sun proof motorcycle garment.

And when web sellers say "leather", a lot of them are buffalo or sheep (from Scotland, lol) baaaaa. I don't know the difference, but they are a lot cheaper than cow hide leather.

https://www.leatherup.com/p/Armored-...ket/54613.html

They have so many jackets, so I thought I'd give the link above, and at least you have a good one to compare with if you can find one better for the price. And the main zipper has a wind flap and is enveloped with leather so you don't scratch you tank when you lay on it on the expressway jet streaming.

Foam based pads do Not equal ce pad protection! But what you're buying is better than nothing. Good luck with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-27-2015, 11:44 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post
Foam based pads do Not equal ce pad protection! But what you're buying is better than nothing. Good luck with it.

NO, it has the standard elbow, back, and shoulder removable ce pads. BUT it also has EXTRA upper back, lower back, and lateral bicep pads. To me, that is above and beyond just the normal ce pads; unless you think extra pads make it worse -??

No one I see has anymore ce pads than the main 3. Some may have lower back sewn in protection, but this one ALSO has upper and lower back as well as lateral bicep sewn-in protection in ADDITION to the 3 main CE pads (BACK, ELBOW, SHOULDER.) Maybe I was not clear enough (although the last picture indicates all 3 REMOVABLE ce pads.)

Last edited by kawdog; 08-28-2015 at 02:02 AM.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:52 AM Thread Starter

Well, the racing leather jacket certainly improved my jet stream and may be all I need to do for it now. I'll know better tomorrow. Maybe I should tack my elbow buttons tighter on my textile jacket, but still, the difference is remarkable.

I carried about 140 lbs of groceries in my Army duffel bag like I was going by myself without the groceries before the leather jacket with just a slight difference in handling (but my Progressive springs were maxed out.) My shoulders and arms sticking out were a big concern before with the textile jacket. When my leather knee-high chaps with velcro fasteners arrive, it should be all but fairing approved jet stream action.

It's like a new 800cc motorcycle now, Executioner style baby!

Last edited by kawdog; 08-28-2015 at 02:04 AM.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 04:40 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by E327 View Post

I clicked on the link to the ad, and it does say CE approved in the description. I prefer the dual density molded armor, but that is a decent jacket.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 05:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I clicked on the link to the ad, and it does say CE approved in the description. I prefer the dual density molded armor, but that is a decent jacket.

If everything is as the company says then I will agree Kawdog is getting a lot of protection for a very good price.
I wish him nothing but the best riding the hwys. of LA.

post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 09:16 AM

i've got a leather-up half mesh half leather jacket that I used for years. they aren't bad. but I think the macna I ride with now is a lot better (it better be it cost a lot more)
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
i've got a leather-up half mesh half leather jacket that I used for years. they aren't bad. but I think the macna I ride with now is a lot better (it better be it cost a lot more)
Yeah, the Korean Klim goods are top notch expensive clothing (the current market value is about $70 more plus shipping, but double that retail), but they are still textiles. And even superior textiles will not have the jetstream efficiency of leather. It's like everywhere textiles (or mesh) are in the jetstream, there is a cloud of turbulence slowing you down over every thread in your exterior jacket.

Just put on a nice leather jacket and ride! You will be amazed. Textile jackets have always been the common sense best technology, but the Harley riders may (or may not) have figured this one out. When I gained my extra top end with just my Axio hard back pack from a textile one, I knew my arms and shoulders flapping in the wind would be a king difference as well. And that is one I nailed it down (sometimes I get lucky.)

Then all I had to do is find the best quality value leather jacket I could find (and it isn't easy today with all the 'loose' truths on the web.)

Last edited by kawdog; 08-28-2015 at 10:58 AM.
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 01:21 PM

properly fitting textiles won't flap in the wind either. I've got full leather jackets as well and no seat of the pants drag difference between that and properly fitting textiles.
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-28-2015, 02:03 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kohburn View Post
properly fitting textiles won't flap in the wind either. I've got full leather jackets as well and no seat of the pants drag difference between that and properly fitting textiles.
OK, I'll buy that: there are many variable interactions for variable people and bike setups. But this is what worked with me, and I'm not going to buy a textile jacket for $250 to find out (not now anyway.) I think the difference is you HAVE to have a good fitting textile jacket, and ANY leather jacket will provide the proper jet stream action. I cannot afford a custom jacket of any kind!

The difference I'm talking about is a high speed front wheel variable (sometimes) vibration that is totally not there with the leather jacket on. I can only assume you are right, but I am just happy I found a solution for me (for $149.99.)

Drive Safe and thanks for the enlightening feedback!

Last edited by kawdog; 08-28-2015 at 02:08 PM.
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 10:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kawdog View Post
ANY leather jacket will provide the proper jet stream action.
I've had baggy leather that was sized wrong cause shake issues. but I'm a lean guy so finding proper fitting things made in America can be tough. seemed like most American leather is fitted for the potbelly crowd.

whatever works man, that's what counts.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 01:10 PM
djg

Nice for the price. Let us know where it's made.
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-31-2015, 09:01 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg View Post
Nice for the price. Let us know where it's made.
It doesn't say, OR have a MADE IN CHINA sticker.
The site below says made in America (South or Central America?)
But it's a top notch jacket. It's down into the 70's today, so if felt pretty good, especially while rolling. It's a top notch hd leather jacket w/pads, pockets, vents, and looks. I have no regrets so far, and I think either Xelement or Leather Up has some kind of decent warranty program, but I am not really worried about that (so far.)

About Xelement Motorcycle Gear
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode