Thoughts on Fieldsheer Armored Jacket? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2008, 04:20 PM Thread Starter

Thoughts on Fieldsheer Armored Jacket?

I've been trying to decide on a multi-season jacket that will provide decent protection and wondered if anyone has a Fieldsheer Adventure or Hydrotour jacket?
I do most of my riding in and around the city with the occasional interstate trek, let me know if either of these jackets would be suitable.

Thanks,

John

http://www.compacc.com/prod.cfm/cid/1001001/pid/15676
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-21-2008, 09:25 PM

IMO, no one jacket is a great multi-season jacket. I have two jackets: one winter one that handles very cold to ok in the upper 70s. My mesh summer jacket handles the warmer weather.

I don't like jackets with rain liners because they are a bear to put in and take out. I prefer a outer rain jacket that goes over my summer mesh jacket because it is fast and simple.

The winter jacket is already waterproof and windproof. The same with my pants. I have summer mesh overpants and winter pants.

Anyway, that's my 2 cents worth.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 03:23 PM

I have the same setup as Atgatt. Winter jacket that's wind and water proof and mesh jacket for summer with raincoat to go over. Got 1 pair of padded pants for all year (looking at mesh pants).

Price wise, will probably come out to the same thing, but you're better off with a jacket that is good at what it is suppose to do than a hybrid that does everything, but nothing right.

That's my 2 cents, so you've already got 4 cents worth of advice!!!

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 07:01 PM

Thumbs up

I have had the Hydro-tour for about a year now and have been very pleased with it. I have riden in some pretty cold, and pretty rainy weather and it has kept me warm and dry always. When it gets really cold then I out a polar-tech top on underneath - but the liner is quite warm. As for the summer, with out the liner it is doable - though certainly nowhere near a mesh setup. I have only one jacket and this is it - and I am very pleased. Quality seems good as well.

I have the pants as well, though o don't think they are called "hydro tour" and am pleased with them as well, though they fit wierd - I usually wear a Lg but had to get an XL and the legs are a bit on the long side.

David

David

I always come back from one of these trips with about 350 pictures of my bike - Ewan McGregor
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-29-2008, 08:38 PM

If Atgatt and Actar911 opinions are worth two cents each, then mine is probably around a half a cent, but here it is.

I have had a Fieldsheer mesh jacket for 6 years now and it works very well. It is my only bike jacket. When it gets cold, I do what the others spoke of - I put a windproof, water proof, breathable jacket on top of, and maybe a fleece top underneath, the mesh. It's worked great down to about 25F. Fieldsheer tends to run somewhat baggy - a problem because the armor moves around. I had to do some sewing to take it in so it fit snuggly. If you don't have the sewing skills (or know someone who does) I'd suggest you find one to try on before you buy.

I also was given a set of Fieldsheer saddlebags and am happy with them too. I think Fieldsheer gives good quality products.

'hope this helps.

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-30-2008, 11:36 AM Thread Starter

Fieldsheer Jacket

Thank you all for the feedback on my jacket dilemma, I've checked out a few other options since my original post and now I think I can decide what jacket will work best for me.

Cheers,
John
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2008, 05:52 AM

I never wear a jacket unless I'm doing a long-distance ride really, not very safe, if I'm to "off" , i know, but there something about riding in jeans and a black t-shirt with a skull on or something like that

When i do wear it, i wear all original Kawasaki gear, mostly the gear currently advertised on their website.

Last edited by Hanebil; 07-31-2008 at 05:54 AM.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-23-2008, 09:18 PM Thread Starter

I decided on the Teknic Freeway jacket and I'm extremely happy with my decision, between the Teknic Waterproof jacket and my leather I should be good for all seasons here in VA. Thanks again for your feedback!

Cheers,
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode