Figured this might be appreciated:

get it here: http://www.zazzle.com/loud_helmets_s...53813930315358

or here:http://www.zazzle.com/loud_helmets_s...53813930315358
bigaussie likes this.

-Kyle
'12 Super Tenere
'08 Versys
'07 KTM EXC 450

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
-not making them right now, sorry
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 11:03 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
lol... i keep saying loud pipes save lifes..... thats why us suicidal people run silent cans

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
lol... i keep saying loud pipes save lifes..... thats why us suicidal people run silent cans
When I used to ride Ducatis with rattlecan dry clutches, I had a shirt that said "Ducati - Loud clutches save lives!"

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 02:15 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by saddlebag View Post
When I used to ride Ducatis with rattlecan dry clutches, I had a shirt that said "Ducati - Loud clutches save lives!"

yes im a guy.

post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 04:39 PM

Garage
Loud pipes don't do chit. They just annoy everyone. My Hi Viz jacket and P3 LIGHTS GET ME NOTICED! people actually change lanes to let me by.

Thinking about this jacket, but might get me in trouble.http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...cket?a=1851774

My Versys Travels:

post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Loud pipes don't do chit. They just annoy everyone. My Hi Viz jacket and P3 LIGHTS GET ME NOTICED! people actually change lanes to let me by.

Thinking about this jacket, but might get me in trouble.http://www.sportsmansguide.com/produ...cket?a=1851774
this is a nice jacket wish the had larger sizes
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 05:16 PM

Nice jacket...good for 5 to 10 for impersonating a Police officer
Urbanengineer likes this.

Or was that look THEN leap?

2012 650 Versys
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 07:10 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Nice jacket...good for 5 to 10 for impersonating a Police officer
Show me the law. It is a foreign jacket and only says police. Not badges etc.

How you act while wearing it will determine if charges are filed.

I checked around, and although not illegal, could make you a target for cop haters, and put you in a position where a civilian might try and flag you down for help.

The plus side is that cagers will generally Steer clear of you

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 09:22 PM

I use Olimpia Sports hi-viz jacket and a lot of times people think I'm the police.... and brake in front of me
Also I use HJC hi-viz IS-17
and when none of this work..... the well known... Stebel...

Versys 2015 Green
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-17-2015, 09:30 PM

Garage
Quote:
Show me the law. It is a foreign jacket and only says police. Not badges etc.

How you act while wearing it will determine if charges are filed.

I checked around, and although not illegal, could make you a target for cop haters, and put you in a position where a civilian might try and flag you down for help.

The plus side is that cagers will generally Steer clear of you
s It Illegal to Impersonate a Police Officer?

It is a crime to impersonate a police officer, a federal officer or employee, or any other public official. Although the laws vary from state to states, many states also consider it a crime to use equipment used by law enforcement officers, such as red and blue flashing lights. It also may be a crime to flash a fake police badge. Possession of a firearm also can enhance the penalty for false impersonation of a police officer.
What Are the Penalties for Impersonating a Police Officer?

Depending on state law, impersonating a police officer may be considered either a felony or a misdemeanor. Punishments for impersonating a police officer include:

Imprisonment up to five years (sometimes more)
Fines (usually $1000 or more)
Probation
Permanent criminal record

- See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar....FzY87Lme.dpuf

yes im a guy.

post #11 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 10:48 AM

I've never seen a cop wear anything like this around here.

You could just cover the word "Police" with a patch of reflector tape, or event duct tape, and there you go ...Bob's your Uncle.
post #12 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 04:50 PM

As far as bright reflective helmets, I personally would not want an easy target for "anything" placed on my helmet. It's the wrong place for the right idea.

post #13 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-18-2015, 07:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
No one is questioning whether it is illegal to impersonate a Police Officer.

Questioning whether wearing a British hi-vis rain jacket that is legally sold by an American company is illegal to wear. If it had "policia" written on it.

My Versys Travels:

post #14 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:

It is a crime to impersonate a police officer, a federal officer or employee, or any other public official. Although the laws vary from state to states, many states also consider it a crime to use equipment used by law enforcement officers, such as red and blue flashing lights. It also may be a crime to flash a fake police badge. Possession of a firearm also can enhance the penalty for false impersonation of a police officer.
What Are the Penalties for Impersonating a Police Officer?

Depending on state law, impersonating a police officer may be considered either a felony or a misdemeanor. Punishments for impersonating a police officer include:

Imprisonment up to five years (sometimes more)
Fines (usually $1000 or more)
Probation
Permanent criminal record

- See more at: http://www.legalmatch.com/law-librar....FzY87Lme.dpuf
Damn... Better return the police lady outfit I got my wife for Halloween... Would hate to see her go to jail... Glad my nephew didn't get arrested last year when he wore his police costume for his school play! :O
post #15 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-19-2015, 04:58 PM

Garage
Quote:
No one is questioning whether it is illegal to impersonate a Police Officer.

Questioning whether wearing a British hi-vis rain jacket that is legally sold by an American company is illegal to wear. If it had "policia" written on it.
I don't see it as illegal. I don't speak Italian. I don't know what "Policia" means. Maybe it is a jacket company.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #16 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-20-2015, 09:12 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
I don't see it as illegal. I don't speak Italian. I don't know what "Policia" means. Maybe it is a jacket company.
Sorry. Posted before finishing thought. Jacket in question says Police. If I could find one with Polizia on it. Italian for Police, there would be no confusion.

I went to an Indian demo ride yesterday and asked the cop, who was stopping traffic for us to get out on the main road, his thoughts. He said not illegal, but could be more hassle than benefit.

My Versys Travels:

post #17 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:07 AM

As far as I know, for impersonating a police officer to be illegal there also has to be a gain or benefit (or attempted gain, benefit).

For example, it's legal for you to walk around wearing a shirt or hat that says "police" as long as you aren't using it to get free coffee or to get out of tickets or influence people.

Last edited by ray h; 06-21-2015 at 07:23 AM.
post #18 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:11 AM

Legal or not get stopped by the police and you WILL have a bad time...they don't play game with this nonsense. I don't doubt they will go over everything you are doing with a magnifying glass. And any cop worth his salt can find something to ticket you for.

And remember people SHOOT policemen at times.

2012 650 Versys
post #19 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:53 AM
Super Moderator

Back to our normal scheduled programming?

I think the police thing was suitably covered maybe..
post #20 of 45 (permalink) Old 06-21-2015, 07:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by unstable_rider View Post
Back to our normal scheduled programming?

I think the police thing was suitably covered maybe..

So you think maybe?

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode