Gear prices in Canada - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-13-2015, 03:22 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Gear prices in Canada

I have in the past bought most of my gear online line and in many cases from US online merchants because of cost savings. With the rapid and recent rise of the US dollar in comparison to the CDN dollar it is no longer such a great deal to buy gear this way.

What I have found is that gear from European manufacturers like Dainese, Alpine Stars, Rukka and others is now much cheaper to purchase directly from European on line stores than it is to purchase from US retailers or Canadian retailers. I suspect this is because most of the European gear sold in Canada comes from US distributors. Most larger European On Line stores will ship cheaply to Canada.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-16-2015, 12:38 PM

Buying local is always my first choice, but if I can save a buck I will.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 07:24 AM

Garage

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Garage
I've found Pete's Superbike in Montreal generally has the best tire prices around. They also have cheap flat rate shipping on tires.

http://www.petes-superbike.com/
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 03:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I've found Pete's Superbike in Montreal generally has the best tire prices around. They also have cheap flat rate shipping on tires.

http://www.petes-superbike.com/
Interesting. I priced the last tire I purchased from Canada's Motorcycle with the price Pete's charge for same. Although Pete's had a better initial price once the shipping is added they were 55 cents cheaper at CM, who have free shipping for tires.

Now that's a bargain for a thrifty Scott (like me).
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:14 PM

Funny I just ordered from Canada to the States (Admore Light) and the price wasn't all that bad. Thing was I HAD to do Paypal as my CC will not let me charge things out of America, stops fraud from the middle and far east I just never thought of the nice people in Canada so they are on the NO USE list as well. Like patting down the priest before letting him for dinner.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-04-2015, 04:31 PM
MTS

This is a little off topic, but think about it?.....

Why such a fast rise in rate?

We have so much debt in the USA?

Approximately 20 cents on the dollar for you to go to USA.

We gain 25 cent to go to Canada?

Why? Federal Reserve? No way!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-06-2015, 07:30 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
This is a little off topic, but think about it?.....

Why such a fast rise in rate?

We have so much debt in the USA?

Approximately 20 cents on the dollar for you to go to USA.

We gain 25 cent to go to Canada?

Why? Federal Reserve? No way!
Always the same thing, offers and demands ...

LOP
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 01:19 PM

Garage
Having recently spent a shwack of cash on gear for myself and my bike I can suggest the following for Canadian based sites:
-canadasmotorcycle.ca - excellent selection of clothing and gear (not quite up to Revzilla standards but still good) and stock as advertised on the website has proven to be accurate, free shipping is a nice touch (if you do want expedited shipping the upgraded costs are reasonable), prices are fair and customer service has always been quick to respond to questions and RMA requests, only complaint is their bike selector tool has nothing for the V1000

-motorcycleinnovations.ca - good site for things like LED's and really good for more special need stuff (bar switches, positap connectors, etc.), pricing is fair (best I found for the D4's), quick shipping (although one of my order's arrived in a box for adult diapers ) and phenomenal customer service

-shop.touratech-canada.com - another good site for parts for your ride and a decent selection of stuff for the V1000, prices are high but it doesn't seem as though they stock much of anything in Canada and most items are listed with a 2-4 week shipping window

-universalcycle.ca - awesome Calgary based shop (if you're riding/driving through make sure you stop by and say hello...it looks/smells like a bike shop should, not like the sterile soulless mega shops that are going up), if you're local they're the place for mechanical parts and special order, very friendly helpful staff
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-26-2015, 02:37 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Two other sites worth mentioning are www.petes-superbike.ca who have great tire prices and low cost shipping and www.avisouscycle.ca which is a Canadian affiliate of twisted throttle and carry all kinds of specialty accessories for the Versys.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode