Can I fit any intercom to Nolan N44 ?? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 10:09 AM Thread Starter

Can I fit any intercom to Nolan N44 ??

Hi guys,

Can I fit any intercom kit to Nolan N44 other than Nolan's kit? I am planning to buy a Chinese kit from Aliexpress. Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 10:47 AM

most kits are universal. My neighbor with a Nolan 104 has mounted a Sena smh10. Works fine, just not flush mounted like Nolans own
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 11:01 AM

Garage
My Scala Rider G9 on my old Nolan N91 on the left...

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

My Scala Rider G9 on my new Nolan N104 no issue with either.

Untitled by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 12:58 PM Thread Starter

Good news!

Thanks a lot gents!
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 01:07 PM

I just mounted a Scala G9X to my N104 also. Had to butcher the plastic bottom ring a bit but it works.

2013 Versys1000
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 01:18 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
I just mounted a Scala G9X to my N104 also. Had to butcher the plastic bottom ring a bit but it works.
Why was the butchering necessary? I am trying to understand what to look for while buying a kit.

Last edited by ertano; 03-11-2015 at 03:07 PM.
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 06:39 AM Thread Starter

I am planning to buy this one what do you think?

http://tr.aliexpress.com/item/surpri...mmendVersion=1
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ertano View Post
Why was the butchering necessary? I am trying to understand what to look for while buying a kit.
sorry I just read your post. The Nolan has a plastic trim ring around the bottom that wraps around to the inside which was too wide for the clamp to go over so I had to cut away a little piece of the strip for the clamp to go over it.
It is not a problem as it is only for looks and not structural and the mounting clamp is over it so you don't see it.
As for the other one you posted, I always believe that you get what you pay for and that looks pretty cheap. Personally I would get a brand name like Cardo/Scala or Sena.

2013 Versys1000
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 09:35 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
I am planning to buy this one what do you think?

http://tr.aliexpress.com/item/surpri...mmendVersion=1
those are the exact same ones i have (you can find them on ebay for a bit less BTW) there mount is different then the more "name brand ones" but descent Little headsets
only can connect to a phone or one on one at a time when linked together, but good for talking to your passenger or (like me) spouse who is on another bike in a pack so you dont have to try to yell at each-other at stop lights .. also just had a buddy of mine also get a set of the same ones for when him and his wife go ATV riding in the dunes

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"

Last edited by silviefox; 03-26-2015 at 09:38 AM.
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 10:04 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
those are the exact same ones i have (you can find them on ebay for a bit less BTW) there mount is different then the more "name brand ones" but descent Little headsets
only can connect to a phone or one on one at a time when linked together, but good for talking to your passenger or (like me) spouse who is on another bike in a pack so you dont have to try to yell at each-other at stop lights .. also just had a buddy of mine also get a set of the same ones for when him and his wife go ATV riding in the dunes
Silvifox, as I understand you can not talk as group like 3 riders at the same time right? It says that you can on the box but I was suspicious about that.

Have you ever tried to connect to a Cardo, Scala etc? Asking to learn can I connect?

Can you tell about battery life and communication quality over 60mph(100km/h)?

V-COASTER: Thanks for the detail
post #11 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 02:55 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
sorry I just read your post. The Nolan has a plastic trim ring around the bottom that wraps around to the inside which was too wide for the clamp to go over so I had to cut away a little piece of the strip for the clamp to go over it.
It is not a problem as it is only for looks and not structural and the mounting clamp is over it so you don't see it.
As for the other one you posted, I always believe that you get what you pay for and that looks pretty cheap. Personally I would get a brand name like Cardo/Scala or Sena.
I've never used the clamps.Have used heavy duty velcro. Have done it on 3 helmets over 5 years now, Never had an issue.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #12 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-26-2015, 06:24 PM

Garage
Quote:
Silvifox, as I understand you can not talk as group like 3 riders at the same time right? It says that you can on the box but I was suspicious about that.

Have you ever tried to connect to a Cardo, Scala etc? Asking to learn can I connect?

Can you tell about battery life and communication quality over 60mph(100km/h)?

V-COASTER: Thanks for the detail
you can if your in a group phone call but the devises them self's no.. i was also mislead by that engrish..... you can have 6 pairings programed to each devise so at a push of a button talk to up to 6 different headsets...

i have not tried to connect to a cardo scala or any other. only just the pair i have and my phone. but to the if anyone in portland has one id be willing to test ...
battery life is awesome used it for few hours nonstop for music and a phone call and never died. and my husband could hear my yell "the speed" as i passed him at 100 MPH but on the versys with the tall windscreen i can hear my music ok at 65-70 but over that wind noise does get loud but thats 100% to do with your helmet and aerodynamics... if you dont have wind rawr you can hear fine... i can hear my husband clearly when he is on his bobber (200cc with cherry bomb mufflers) the microphone it directional

yes im a guy.

post #13 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 01:16 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
you can if your in a group phone call but the devises them self's no.. i was also mislead by that engrish..... you can have 6 pairings programed to each devise so at a push of a button talk to up to 6 different headsets...

i have not tried to connect to a cardo scala or any other. only just the pair i have and my phone. but to the if anyone in portland has one id be willing to test ...
battery life is awesome used it for few hours nonstop for music and a phone call and never died. and my husband could hear my yell "the speed" as i passed him at 100 MPH but on the versys with the tall windscreen i can hear my music ok at 65-70 but over that wind noise does get loud but thats 100% to do with your helmet and aerodynamics... if you dont have wind rawr you can hear fine... i can hear my husband clearly when he is on his bobber (200cc with cherry bomb mufflers) the microphone it directional
Thanks a lot Silviefox. Now, I can order in peace
post #14 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 07:51 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
Why would you buy one of those when you can get a firmware upgradeable, Bluetooth 3.0, Sena SMH10 for about $40 more? Also, don't foget the Sena can connect to most other intercoms.
not ever one has about $40 more and thats if it was $40 more, try about $100 more ...

yes im a guy.

post #15 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-30-2015, 08:45 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmarleau View Post
True. I guess in perspective your right. But I'm about as cheap a guy as you will ever meet. I would not hesitate an spend the extra $40 for a quality item.

Could not find the $140 eBay link when I puchased mine last winter. But they are everywhere for $150ish. If you buy the dual, then split it with someone, there is your $140. I would avoid the place that tried to sell you one for $200.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...chAutoComplete

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...stereo-headset
thats again $100 more per unit.. he got 2 for around $80 i got 3 for around $120 VS. ONE for $140...............i know smarts i am not but i sure i got maths right......right?

yes im a guy.

post #16 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 07:58 AM Thread Starter

Today I ordered my Chinese intercom. 2 pieces set for 89$ Going to see how they work probably in a month
post #17 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 08:23 AM

Garage
Quote:
Today I ordered my Chinese intercom. 2 pieces set for 89$ Going to see how they work probably in a month
haha good on ya you might be surprised by how fast they actually get there (mine only took a week) and also be prepared for some terrible engrish xD

yes im a guy.

post #18 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
haha good on ya you might be surprised by how fast they actually get there (mine only took a week) and also be prepared for some terrible engrish xD
A week really? about engrish I love puzzles
post #19 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-31-2015, 09:21 AM

Garage
Quote:
A week really? about engrish I love puzzles
yup yup... and dont worry its really simple and if you have questions feel free to hit me up

yes im a guy.

post #20 of 22 (permalink) Old 04-01-2015, 07:53 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
yup yup... and dont worry its really simple and if you have questions feel free to hit me up
Thanks a lot
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode