Great American make leather for Christmas - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter

Great American make leather for Christmas

For anybody thinking about some really fine leather, I can highly recommend a company in Va. named Fox Creek Leather. While you might think it's all HD oriented, the quaility of the leather and the construction is better than you can find at all dealerships and leather outlets. Most of the 10 styles are plain and classic stuff. Plan on ordering a size up, and beware that the thick ones weigh almost 10 lbs. They do not come with armor but have well designed insert areas that velcro enclose. I got the Commander style, and on 20 F days, I weare it with the liner, a shirt and a light sweater. No leaks, but will breath with the multiple zipped vents. Even comes with a detachable fleece lined neck gator and various pockets. You can call them and have the jacket cutom fit I believe. Enjoy.
Now for the bad holiday humor!

What does Santa say to his farmer friends this time of year?

HO HO HO

(you can interchange the word hooker in there somewhere if you want to change the joke)

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 05:52 PM

up here in the great northwest..Portland,Oregon to be precise..we have Langlitz Leathers...they've been making motorcycle leathers FOREVER..well so it seems...their stuff ain't cheap..BUT it will last you longer than your bike or even your biking career...people still wearing their 30 year old jackets are not unheard of...All custom made...believe me it would be worth your time to ride here and get some of their leathers if you can afford them...

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 06:58 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
i have stuff from both fox creek (2 jackets and a "custom" tailbag)
and langlitz (1 jacket ,1 vest ,and 1 you really dont wanna know) and fox creek had a zip fail on first jacket with in 2 weeks of getting it they gave me a discount on the replacement (not much mind you) and second one had some loose stitching , bag on the other hand was great held up well and looked wonderful
as for langlitz..... i think my wallet just killed its self when i mentioned the name xD
vest came out perfect (was a gift for my uncle) jacket didnt fit and they exchanged it (months after getting it) no hassle at all.
fox creek was cheaper but shows you get what you pay for

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-01-2014, 10:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rayj View Post
They do not come with armor but have well designed insert areas that velcro enclose.
I had looked into these before
https://www.foxcreekleather.com/prod...ther-overpants
but the description doesn't say anything about pockets for armor.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 12-02-2014, 12:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
langlitz (...........and 1 you really dont wanna know)
they make those???? learn something new every day

post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-02-2015, 07:55 PM
djg

Don't forget...

http://www.johnsonleather.com/

I have 2 Fox Creek jackets, one for me one for my gf. My opinion of these is very high for an off the rack jacket. Very well made. They are sort of traditional in that they do biker stuff like chaps. They have been putting armor pockets in some of their jackets for a while now.

Vanson quoted me an ungodly amount for a custom jacket. I am a perfect XLT but to Vanson I am a custom. Fox Creek had a tall size 48, perfect.

Way past Christmas, but I did want to put in a good word for Fox Creek.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-05-2015, 01:19 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by djg View Post
Don't forget...

http://www.johnsonleather.com/

I have 2 Fox Creek jackets, one for me one for my gf. My opinion of these is very high for an off the rack jacket. Very well made.
You can get them to customize by ordering longer or shorter arms. I do suggest ordering one size up from regualr jacket size. Everything about them is first class from the grade and thickness, the stitching, the heavy duty brass zippers, the winter liner and the removable fleece neck gator that hides away behind that liner. YOu do have to order armor from elsewhere, and I recommend the Bohn kit.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode