Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-Tex boots - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 02:20 PM Thread Starter

Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-Tex boots

There always seemed to me to be too big a gap between street boots and roadrace boots made for the track. I appreciate the protection of my Alpinestars SM-X racing boots, but on the street I don't need toe sliders and I could use something more comfy for walking. Meanwhile, my street boots were waterproof and more comfortable, but protection was limited to a couple of small coin-sized protectors over the ankles and a fairly flimsy shin guard. When the street boots were about to disintegrate, I started looking for something in between and found surprisingly little.

Where I ended up was the Dainese TRQ-Tour Gore-Tex boots, which a lot of my associates over at RevZilla swear by.

They have good protection with hard plastic shin guard and heel cup, and more importantly, the D-Axial system, which ties those two hard sections together with a hinged attachment, so it's less likely your ankle will be twisted the wrong direction or hyperextended. But, no toe sliders or race track flashy colors that I don't need for my street and touring boots.

Gore-Tex means they should be as breathable as anything that's waterproof. And yes, I tested the waterproofness.

At a little under $300, they're not the cheap option, but after using them several months, I'm happy with them.

Click over to my full review if you're interested in more details, including other features and sizing advice. They get a from me.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 04:53 PM

I'd been looking at a pair of Sidi OnRoad Boots to replace my, just about to fall apart Sidi Rain boots. But I'll give these a look as I like the look and they might fit better.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-29-2014, 07:43 PM Thread Starter

I have nothing bad to say about Sidi boots. I have a pair that has lasted darn near forever. The Daineses replaced them (though I still haven't brought myself to toss the Sidis yet).

I have not tried the Sidi On Road boots. Compared to the Dainese TRQ-Tour, I suspect the On Roads may be a little more comfortable, especially off the bike, but they offer a lot less protection: nothing like the D-Axial system, just padding on the shin instead of padding and a hard plate, and not as much heel protection. Plus, the Sidis actually cost more.

It really depends on what you're after.

Whitehorse Press is going out of business so it's time for a final sale. Signed copies of my book are now $10 with free shipping in the U.S. while they last.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-12-2014, 04:17 PM

For about the same price I am looking at some Alpinestar Supertech Touring Gore-tex. Anybody have any comments about those boots? Looks like you can get them for $250 + even though they list out at a lot higher.

rayj
2009 Versys (Mine's Green)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode