Air Bag? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-12-2014, 04:24 PM Thread Starter
MTS

Air Bag?

How does it work? Good?

https://autos.yahoo.com/news/see-thi...012825045.html

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 08:05 AM

didn't know that alpinstars made one - so this is the second electronicly controlled airbag jacket that i've seen
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 08:36 AM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
well moto gp has been using them for years and ive seen riders high side at triple digit speeds and after bouncing down the track for half a mile , hop right up and hobble to the pits.....10+ years ago they lied there , bleeding , dieing, wail the meat wagon comes and scrapes them up..

with that said.
would i buy one and use it for street riding? no..
1. im to poor to buy "proper riding gear" to start with let alone a billion dollar airbag leathers.
2.i almost never reach triple digit speed these days, the V is my tourer not a sport bike
3.im on the road not the track
4.im a bi-polar, schizophrenic , depressed person that welcomes death, so when the time comes, it comes...

but if i had money to burn and did track days or alot of aggressive high speed riding on the street like i did in my younger years yes i would get one

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 09:02 AM

they can save you a lot of pain at local traffic speeds to. eventually I think i'll get a hit-air vest.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-13-2014, 06:48 PM

I love my Hit-Air jacket. You don't need to be on the track to get your ribs broken and potentially puncturing your lungs or heart...it's worth the $400-$500 to me.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 04:51 AM Thread Starter
MTS

Thanks for the feed back!

I'm not really sure what to think. It must be good protection.

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 11-15-2014, 10:16 AM

MTS, I totally recommend looking into an air-bag jacket. The second leading cause of fatal motorcycles accidents (from what I've been told) is when ribs break and puncture the lungs and/or heart. These jackets help reduce that risk by inflating along the front and back, around the neck, and down at the tail bone. The Hit-Air jackets fully inflate in about 1/4 of a second and are partially inflated sooner, providing some protection even before it's fully inflated. They work when the rider gets separated from the bike. There's a tether that activates a CO2 cartridge. If the jacket gets activated, all you have to do is wait a few minutes and the CO2 slowly escapes, snap a few panels back together, replace it with a new cartridge (which is very reasonably priced), and your good to go. You'd think I'm a salesman for them or something...I'm not. I just really believe in the product.

Check out you-tube videos and safermoto.com. Sometimes you can find them used on ebay or craigslist at a good price.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode