"Best" riding boots for the Versys - Page 4 - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #61 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 09:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Very well. I have ridden in all conditions and they remained waterproof and comfortable.
How much room do you have around the knuckles of your toes? I find that some of the more race styled feet are too narrow for me, but Ive never had to buy wide shoes or boots.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #62 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-28-2016, 07:24 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JackImpact View Post
How much room do you have around the knuckles of your toes? I find that some of the more race styled feet are too narrow for me, but Ive never had to buy wide shoes or boots.
They are not race boots. Definitely adventure boots. I find them to be very?comfortable.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #63 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-29-2016, 05:23 AM

Tour Master Solution I wear them riding year round in Maine and NH (Ural in winter months) 6 years of rain snow sleet and salt, on 5 motorcycles and 130,000 miles still waterproof every once in a while Nix Wax them. Best of all, they were like a hundred bucks.

2016 Orange Versys 650 LT , 2015 CSC RX3, 2011 Ural Gear Up

post #64 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amplitude View Post
So, obviously this being very subjective. Who makes the best Boots, for the riding position of the Versys. I am looking for something comfortable, with some ankle protection, good flex so no MX boots, easy to walk around in, but will also work for most seasons. I'm 6'2" 210lbs and a size 11 depending on the manufacturer.

The last pair of boots I had were a $250 pair of Cruiser style icons for my FZ1 about seven years ago. I didn't like the fact that I had to adjust the hell out of the shift lever to be able to even get my toes in there. I had to adjust it up so far, that if I was to ride with normal street shoes I could barely manage the upshift, and had to almost take my foot completely off the peg and use my midsole for the downshift. I don't want that here.

I'm always looking for a good deal, but am willing to pay for quality if there is a distinct advantage. I've already learned the hard way, the necessity of a good boot, and good riding gear in general. I want something that is as good for around town, as it is for long trips.
hey what did you end up going with?
post #65 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 01:56 PM

post #66 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-04-2019, 03:06 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahR View Post
Those are a "bit" too 'road-racey' to me. Here in Canada - BC - I have a pair of TCX dirt-boots, a pair of GAERNE street-boots, as well as a pair of ALPINESTARS. All three are good, but a reservation about the ALPINESTARS - their zipper is on the outside which makes them difficult to attach at least for ME!

Sarah.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #67 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:05 PM

great info! thanks for getting back
post #68 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 12:43 PM

I also looking for boots, that is only from moto gear which i don't have.
It is hard to find something in my country which is in size 14 (US size).
post #69 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-05-2019, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
In AZ I also have four pair of boots. One pair is also GAERNE, one are "road-racey" from Cycle Gear, but I don't recall the brands of the other two.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #70 of 73 (permalink) Old 09-18-2019, 04:02 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
I actually have these (https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...terproof-boots), which appear to be on closeout and in limited sizes on Revzilla. If TCX has upgraded the model, I highly recommend them. This is my second pair of TCX boots, and they're very comfy on the Versys. They're also comfy to wear. I've forgotten to pack street shoes for work and have wound up wearing these all day.
post #71 of 73 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 01:29 PM
Super Moderator

I TOO have a pair of TCX WP boots, similar to these:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-baja-wp-boots

GOOD boots...!
txcyclist likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #72 of 73 (permalink) Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM

I also have a pair of TCX boots and like them. They seemed to be one of the few Italian designed boots that were comfortable for my wide feet.

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/...gore-tex-boots
txcyclist likes this.
post #73 of 73 (permalink) Old Today, 12:40 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post
I TOO have a pair of TCX WP boots, similar to these:

https://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/tcx-baja-wp-boots

GOOD boots...!
I love these, and will likely have a pair (or a pair like them) one day. I proclaimed them my "Zombie Apocalypse boots."
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode