Mesh pants - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 10:36 PM Thread Starter

Mesh pants

I'm contemplating getting a set of mesh pants. What have you folks used and how do you like them?

Also, does anyone know a source for the mesh material? I make a lot of my own clothing and would like to use the mesh for some vests and pants. I know they won't have the armor, but I'd like to try them anyway. Any ideas of where to get it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-01-2008, 11:19 PM

Send a message via AIM to 08 Versys Send a message via Yahoo to 08 Versys
I wear the Olympia Recon 2 Mesh pants. The bottoms of them also zip off and they turn into shorts. They flow a lot of air, and the bottoms of the legs zip up so you can put them on or take them off even if you are wearing boots.

http://www.olympiamotosports.com/rec...ormer_pant.htm

post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 08:25 PM Thread Starter

Thanks for the suggestion. They're really good looking. From the photo, it seems that the only mesh are those panels down the thighs. Is that it? How much air flow do you get from them? How hot are they when you're sitting still?

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2008, 09:36 PM

I wear the Joe Rocket Phoenix. They are, great very breathable, large hole double mesh, but still need a/c on the seat when in stop and go traffic.

Cheers,
Colin
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 06:32 PM

Also the Phoenix. When I'm going off to work I wear them over my pants, but when just riding, they are my pants.

I really like the side zippers that goes all the way up to the hip area for very easy on off while leaving my boots on.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 10:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Docteric View Post
I'm contemplating getting a set of mesh pants. What have you folks used and how do you like them?

Also, does anyone know a source for the mesh material? I make a lot of my own clothing and would like to use the mesh for some vests and pants. I know they won't have the armor, but I'd like to try them anyway. Any ideas of where to get it?
My mesh pants are 100% polyester mesh in the lower legs and part of hte the thigh, 2-3 layers thick, with neoprene around the thighs, knees, butt/crotch area.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 08:22 PM Thread Starter

The Phoenix definitely look like they have more mesh than the Olympias. I'm gonna get a look at them at the local dealer.

Muffler Bearing - what brand pants are yours?

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-11-2008, 12:12 PM

I have the Tourmaster Venture Air pants. They are pretty nice. The come with both a waterproof liner and a quilted liner. Right now I wear them over my nice work pants and it is not too hot. I got them for $147. I and look at the Transition 2 Jacket for cooler weather.

My commute to work using the HOV lanes takes me about 15 - 20 minutes vs 40-50 minutes sitting in Northern VA traffic.
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 12:10 AM

I have the Venture air pants too, nice, should be good in the fall with the liners. By themselves they are pretty decent but I sweat a little in the seat when riding for a while in hot weather. A stretch of standing up takes care of it. I like the heavy knee armour. I took a piece of gravel thrown by a car in the knee before I had the pants and it was like a bee sting, convinced me I needed the pants.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 08:12 AM

The thing I don't like about rain liners is that if you need them strictly for the rain, they are too much trouble to put in once you already started the ride and came upon the rain.

I much prefer the rain OVER pants. Same with jackets.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2008, 05:37 PM Thread Starter

I too prefer the rain over pants and jackets. I use my Fogg Toggs for rain and also for warmth. I find that with the jacket over my mesh jacket I'm comfortable down to about 45 F (sometimes lower). The other time I like the over jacket is after the rain storm. I can take off the raincoat and my regular jacket is dry. With the liner, the regular jacket is soaked.

A diamond is just a hunk of coal
that didn't quit under pressure
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode