Question for you guys on Scala type set ups - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 04:55 PM Thread Starter

Question for you guys on Scala type set ups

Do they have to be the same brand to "talk" to each other on the road? I have couple of friend moving back into the area and they wear Schuberth helmets with the com system. Nice lids to say the least BUT a bit rich for my taste. Can I use a Scala or Sena to link to them? I've never had one and really never needed one but these two are hooked on the set up.

If I do break down a buy one I'd like one with Bluetooth to pair to my Galaxy for the GPS and MP3 so I could hear my tunes on longer trips.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:00 PM

Garage
I love my SENA Bluetooth headset. I have not tried to pair with anyone other than the one buddy I ride with on some trips so can't answer that question.

Having the tunes, GPS instructions, phone capability in my helmet sure is sweet. The SENA will last all day long with the music on the whole time.

If you use a GPS device that provides music as well as spoken directions, it will pause the music, give you the turn direction, and return to the music.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 05:01 PM

Garage
Developed in partnership with Cardo Systems, the SRC is a fully integrated bluetooth communication system.

You should check to see if they will work with the Scala since both are made by Cardio Systems.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:30 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
ATM the only Bluetooth headset that will pair with another brand is Sena smh10(r) and 20 (when that are released)

Last month the Sena smh10(r) models got a firmware upgrade that allowed all headset intercom pairing compatability. The first headsets to do it.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-15-2014, 10:45 PM
Super Moderator

Bluetooth should be able to pair with any like decive. I have a China made bluetooth thats pair to Samsung, Zumo and any devise with range.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 12:41 AM
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
Bluetooth should be able to pair with any like decive. I have a China made bluetooth thats pair to Samsung, Zumo and any devise with range.

Pairing to a BT device like a phone or GSP is pretty standard... That is not the OP question - BT Intercom pairing is.

ATM if you want to use the Headset to Headset Intercom feature ALL riders have to ALL use the same BT Headset Make - Except for Sena SMH10(R) (20) as I mentioned above.

Sena have found a way to pair to all BT Headsets so you can Intercom with any now with any Brand - That is Sena SMH10(r)-(20) can Talk to Brand-A and Brand-B, but the rider using Brand-A cannot Talk to Brand-B.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-16-2014, 07:22 AM

Another comment that the newer SENA units will pair with other makes of intercoms.

We've been very happy with the SENA. Minimal wind noise even with the mics left open. Jog dial is easy to turn on and off/adjust volume whilst riding.

Paired to my phone and Zumo.

Also has a base (purchased separately) to let you use earbuds instead of putting the speakers in your helmet.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode