Dual Pane Visors are a complete no fog solution - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:16 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Dual Pane Visors really work!

Got my first dual pane visor with my new Bell helmet and used it over the weekend in temperatures ranging from 8C to 0C/46F to 32F. This is the first time I have ever ridden in cool temperatures and not experienced heavy fogging. Even stopped at traffic lights, with no air flow through the helmet, I did not experience any fogging and did not need to raise the visor at traffic lights. Did not bother to install the optional cold weather breath deflector as it was not needed.

While I have found anti fog spray some what helpful in the past, I would not really consider it a solution to fogging. The dual pane visor is the first totlally effective solution I have tried. While I have the Bell dual pane visor, Fog City/Pin Lock also make dual pane inserts for about ~$18. I'm really surprised these are not more popular as the dual pane concept really works and the price is relatively cheap.

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...T.ac=SLIsearch

http://www.revzilla.com/product/fog-city-pro-shield

Last edited by twowheels; 04-07-2014 at 09:27 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:44 PM

+1........My Shoei pinlock system works as advertised. No fogging!!!
post #3 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 02:50 PM

I love my PinLock system, except at night, lots of starburst or halo effect.

post #4 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:16 PM

I would never buy another helmet without a pinlock visor. Its the only thing that really works.
The thing that kills me is that you can buy an HJC $130 helmet that comes with a pinlock visor but you buy a $600 Arai or Shoei and they want to gouge you another $60 for a visor. What a joke for two little extra plastic pins. That's why I won't buy one of those on principal.

2013 Versys1000
post #5 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 04:49 PM

Garage
I got a pinlock on an HJC last year. It really does work, and you need it to around here in Spring and Fall!

Always trust your cape.
post #6 of 16 (permalink) Old 04-07-2014, 05:03 PM

Got a Pinlock last year for my Shoei Hornet, and I'm happy with it.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

Dave C
2008 Versys (Red)
post #7 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 03:21 PM
Super Moderator

Garage
Anybody have any success with DIY modification for a Scorpion EXO500 to add Pinlock?
post #8 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 03:39 PM

Garage
I installed a fog city in my old helmet and it was a waste. It didn't fog, but was not clear. I hated it.
Bought a new helmet this spring with Pinlock, and it is awesome! I can close the shield and breathe real hard. The outer arw a will fog but nothing on the "seeing" area.
I will never buy another helmet without pinlock.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #9 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 03:49 PM

I only got to try the Pin Lock a couple of time in my new HJC but it works. Only thing is MY glasses still fog up without air flow. I need Pin Locks for my glasses! That's the ticket!

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #10 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 05:27 PM

I just picked up a little tub of an old fog remedy for really cold weather, "cat crap". It worked great for skiing, thought I'd try it on the bike.. Anyone know of any really bad downside I should know before smearing this stuff all over my shield?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
post #11 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
I just picked up a little tub of an old fog remedy for really cold weather, "cat crap". It worked great for skiing, thought I'd try it on the bike.. Anyone know of any really bad downside I should know before smearing this stuff all over my shield?
Other than the obvious smell and relative opacity of cat crap?

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #12 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 06:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaileyMan View Post
Other than the obvious smell and relative opacity of cat crap?

Did you pick up out of the litter box? Or do you carry a cat so you have a "Fresh' supply?

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys
post #13 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:16 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
Did you pick up out of the litter box? Or do you carry a cat so you have a "Fresh' supply?
I sell the stuff at work, and the box that sits on the counter holding the small containers you buy is called the "Litter Box"

Im personally not a huge fan of it. I wouldn't want to use it personally. It destroys factory coatings, but doesn't last nearly as long as them.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #14 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-11-2014, 07:46 PM

Garage
My Nolan N90 was the first helmet with a pin lock shield. Got my Nolan N104 in today will not put the pin lock shield in until the weather turns cold.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #15 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:31 AM
djg

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-COASTER View Post
I would never buy another helmet without a pinlock visor. Its the only thing that really works.
The thing that kills me is that you can buy an HJC $130 helmet that comes with a pinlock visor but you buy a $600 Arai or Shoei and they want to gouge you another $60 for a visor. What a joke for two little extra plastic pins. That's why I won't buy one of those on principal.
My Shoei Neotec came with a Pinlock visor.
post #16 of 16 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 11:03 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time View Post
-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode