scorpin lid - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 06:40 PM Thread Starter
sm3

scorpin lid

has any one tried the scorpin helmet with the internal sun visor that flips up or down or the helmet wrap for helmets called helmet skinz?

Last edited by sm3; 06-15-2008 at 06:51 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-15-2008, 09:20 PM

Hi SM3 - I have the Scorpion EXO-1000 with the internal sun visor. I like it alot and wouldn't buy another helmet without a sun visor. I had the Nolan N102 previously and that had an external sun visor which Nolan calls their Vision Protection System (VPS). I didn't like the external sun visor because it wouldn't stay in position. Strong wind gusts would cause the visor to blow open and then I'd get this howling noise.

The internal visor on the EXO-1000 is way better - no problems with setting it in place and it works really well. Just a flip of the lever on the left side of the helmet. The reason whey I believe in these so much is that we encounter a variety of light conditions as we ride - shady, cloudy, sunny, mid-levels, tunnels, etc. To clearly see in these situations your vision system has to respond accordingly or you may find yourself in a situation that is too bright or to dark to see properly.

The problem with the Skins is that it's attached to the visor and you are stuck with that tint on that visor until you either remove the skin or change the visor. This is not something you can change while riding like you can with the internal sun visor.

The Scorpion is a well built lid - lot's of nice features and very comfortable.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 04:16 PM Thread Starter
sm3

thank you OCEAN HAVE AN OLDER SCORPION IT WAS MONEY WELL SPENT BUT I HATE HAVING TO CHANGE SHEILDS ALL THE TIME THElighting changes and the light sensing photo still keeps alittle tint to it . I WAITED TO HEAR SOMEONE WHO HAD the helmet before i just jumped in again thank you for your help

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 08:13 PM

In the car we can take on and off sunglasses and raise and lower the sun visor which is not possible on the bike. That is where the internal sunvisors on helmets are the way to go - you get the same adjustability.

Have fun and safe riding - sounds like you do.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-16-2008, 09:01 PM

Ocean,

I do most of my riding in daylight w/ sunglasses on. Would the internal visor still be warranted & if so would the sunglasses interfere w/ it's operation.

R.Keith
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-17-2008, 06:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PharmaSYSt View Post
Ocean,

I do most of my riding in daylight w/ sunglasses on. Would the internal visor still be warranted & if so would the sunglasses interfere w/ it's operation.
Me too. I'm not much of a night rider.

The internal visor won't interfere with your glasses. I also wear glasses and the visor sits well in front of them.

The helmet comes of course with a clear visor and the internal sun visor. Only on those really bright clear days I'll use my clip-on sunglasses along with the visor. I eventually plan to get a smoke outer visor for those days and continue to use the internal visor. This will give me the option to adjust light levels while I ride.

Most days when it's not that bright I just use the internal visor without sunglasses.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 11:42 AM

I have the Scorpion with the visor also and really like it. It's a fantastic feature, the helmet is not as comfortable as an Arai, but I haven't found anything that is yet.

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:12 PM

Agreed Hactracker; nothing is as comfortable or light as my $590 Arai Corsair; but for less than $350- nothing touches my EXO-1000.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 06-30-2008, 07:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hacktracker View Post
I have the Scorpion with the visor also and really like it. It's a fantastic feature, the helmet is not as comfortable as an Arai, but I haven't found anything that is yet.
I have the 1000 and I disagree. I had several Arai RX7s...the Scorpion is just as good if not better fitting and comfortable. The inflatable cheek pads are nice too!

Graham

To do is to be. -Descartes
To be is to do. -Voltaire
Do be do be do. -Frank Sinatra

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

States I've ridden in so far

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 01:18 PM

Hey Exo-1000 owners...
I have an Exo-400, and although I love certain aspects of this lid, such as price and the far superior shield removal system, I gots a couple of issues. The minor issue is, I have had more comfy lids, not a biggie, this one fits mostly perfect, just slightly too much padding on my cheeks. The big issue though is the absolutely horrible seal between helmet and visor, as much as 1/8 inch in one spot!!! This creates monstrous wind noise, and sometimes with crosswinds, blows wind on my eyes and face. I always look at this seal on any helmet I look at now. The Exo-1000 looks to be pretty well sealed, what do you owners say?
Fukken cheers,
Erik!!!
post #11 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-04-2008, 04:07 PM

What no love for ICON.. the Airframe system that came out last year the helmets wieght next to nothing.

Working to make it my Streetfighter
V
post #12 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-05-2008, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooligan View Post
I have the 1000 and I disagree. I had several Arai RX7s...the Scorpion is just as good if not better fitting and comfortable. The inflatable cheek pads are nice too!
To me, the liner is just not as soft as the interior material on my Arai helmets. Also, I like my helmets to fit tight, so I get a hot spot on my forehead after about 30 minutes. It works great on the track 20 minutes at a time.

Perhaps a Medium for street riding would be good?

Don
"ride more, worry less"
2005 Suzuki GSXR1000 (slightly bent) - Track
2000 Honda VFR800 - Street
post #13 of 13 (permalink) Old 08-11-2008, 03:57 PM

MAD LOVE for ICON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode