What motorcycle jeans? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 02:12 PM Thread Starter

Garage
What motorcycle jeans?

I'm looking for a pair of motorcycle jeans for next year but am confused by the multitude of offerings. I notice recently there has been a plethora of new motorcycle jeans released, some with new protective technologies and some with more tailored fit. Those made by Rev'It seem interesting.

I have a good pair of Olympia XMoto pants I wear for serious riding but want a pair of motorcycle jeans for in city riding and destination riding.

I think what I want is a pair that has a accurate fit without being Euro tight. Basically normal looking for a middle aged guy that normally wears Levis. Something that is not too hot, a pair that protects - perhaps something that has Kevlar woven into the outer shell rather than tiny patches stitched to the inside of the knees and butt.

Suggestions?

So far I have Sliders and know I do not want these again. Each leg was large enough to allow the wearing of Hockey goalie pads underneath.

Last edited by twowheels; 11-18-2013 at 05:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 02:41 PM

diamond gusset

Check these Diamond Gusset Jeans out. I've use them and they fit well.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 02:56 PM

I have a couple of pair of draggin jeans. They also offer liners so you can wear any pair of jeans.

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 03:31 PM

I have Drayko jeans. Great protection, waist fits about 2 sizes big, and downsizing would bring legs into line (sort of) with a normal pair of jeans. Breath well once you're moving, but are really warm when standing still. Very comfortable on the bike, a bit bulky off it.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 04:44 PM
MTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by King.Versys View Post
diamond gusset

Check these Diamond Gusset Jeans out. I've use them and they fit well.
Those look like nice Jeans!

I bought Sliders on sale for $59.00. What a great jean for the money!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Those look like nice Jeans!

I bought Sliders on sale for $59.00. What a great jean for the money!
+1 for sliders... I also have their kevlar lined cargo pants.
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:34 PM

Garage
If they don't have CE armor in the knees, or enough room to wear IICON knee and shin armor underneath, then I would avoid them. Just get a pair of full zip overpants that that you can remove when you get to your destination.

Also keep in mind that Kevlar breaks down when exposed to UV so the wear life is maybe 5 years.

My Versys Travels:

post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 07:39 PM

Garage
I was looking for a pair this past spring and ended up with the Protekt Jeans for Aerostich.

They do not have kevlar, but do have easily removable knee armor.

Here is the thread to the discussion:
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ighlight=Mitch

And a link to Aerostich:
http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/cl...ekt-jeans.html

Mitch
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-17-2013, 08:58 PM

Thought about jeans, but the overpants route with either built-in knee armor or wear-under armor (Knox or equivalent) seems like a better choice to me. You can get overpants with full length ankle-to-hip zippers for easy-on/off, and mesh for flow-through cooling in warm weather.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 07:28 AM
rlj

I've purchased from several manufacturer's and the ones that I personally like the best are from Cycle Gear, least expensive however the best made in my opinion. Not only Kevlar protection throughout but removable CE rated knee protection as well. Loose fit for comfy riding.

http://www.cyclegear.com/c/brand/BIL...93_200503_1728

I have two pair, one a size larger so I can wear during the winter with added layers for warmth.

13 Yamaha FJR 1300
09 Kawasaki KLX 250S
05 HD Sportster Roadster 1200
02 Malaguti F12 Phantom 49cc Italian Scooter
post #11 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
Just get a pair of full zip overpants that that you can remove when you get to your destination.
+100. Dress for the get-off...wear whatever jeans you like and overpants over top.

Jeans shred on asphalt. Even the kevlar reinforced jeans are only kevlar at certain spots, so hopefully you only scrape along the road at those spots.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868
post #12 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 08:27 AM
MTS

For weather its great to have both. Overpants over the Kevlar jeans is awesome and really comfortable and warm. Think of all that protection!

When its 90+ its just Kevlar jeans for this old rider.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
post #13 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-18-2013, 09:10 AM

I can recommend a relatively new player in the motorcycle jeans arena. Check out Lean Angle jeans. I have a pair, the fit is like the levis I have. They are fully kevlar lined, not just at certain impact areas like some others. They come with hip and knee pads made by Forcefield, which, IMHO, is among the best soft armor on the market. They passed CE certification...the jeans, not just the armor.

I wear full protective gear all the time and did not consider any of the other "riding jeans" on the market. These seem good...good enough for me, and I'm pretty particular about my gear.
post #14 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
I

wear for serious riding but want a pair of motorcycle jeans for in city riding and destination riding.

All my rides are serious. In a crash the road is as unforgiving in the city as it is anywhere.

Don't dress for the ride, dress for the crash.

ATGATT
post #15 of 15 (permalink) Old 11-19-2013, 07:47 PM

I have 2 pairs of Rhok jeans. I purchased from ebay, but found out about them from some forum (can't remember which). They are based in Australia. Great company. The first pair were a little big even though I measured exactly like I was told, owner sent me out another pair. The fit was the same though. Just order a little smaller. The quality is great, and they have knee and hip armor as well as kevlar lining.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode