Best way to crack shield? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Best way to crack shield?

Anyone else frustrated with their helmet shield closing on them when they crack it up a notch to let in some cooler air?

I've got an Scorpion EVO400 and when I open it a notch or 2 the air pushes it back shut. My more expensive helmets don't do that.

Anyone figured out a way to keep them cracked open alittle or seen a part I can buy that does it?

Lance
Illinois
09 Versys
07 Wing

Lance
Central IL
09 KLE650
07 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 12:39 PM
Banned

A way is to take a short piece of plastic tubing sliced down it's length
slide onto bottom of visor to prevent full closure.

Last edited by Seeya; 08-27-2013 at 12:53 PM.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 04:40 PM

Garage
Didnt really care about haveing a helmet lock when I bought my last helmet, but now I love having it. I never lock my helmet closed, but usually lock the helmet when its open. Creates a very small gap on the left side, to allow airflow. That helmet was a $120 AFX. My scorpion exo 700 has been retired now, but it used to stay cracked.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-27-2013, 08:53 PM

I have an EXO1000 that has a setting on the visor just for that. Isn't the 400 meant for a more aggressive riding position? Some helmets are thought to stay closed.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:32 PM

I have the Evo 900 and mine stays open when I crack it. It actually feels like there are several notches that I can crack the visor to and it hasn't shut on me yet, even at speed.

However, when cracked and at speed, I have had bits and pieces of things manage to get through the crack and into my mouth... not pleasant!
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-28-2013, 03:56 PM
MTS

I have an EVO 400 and it stays open. It has been a great helmet for the money.

Also people have said where did you get that helmet it looks awesome! LOL Yah its 150 buck bucket!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 11:31 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I have several KBC modulars, and they hold whatever position I want the 'shield. I have two AGVs - the K3 will close from wind, but I don't think the S4 does (it's in AZ...).

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 05:25 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
Bell Star that has a lever on the side. The helmet flows so much air that I don't need to crack the shield though.

My Versys Travels:

post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 08-29-2013, 07:28 PM Thread Starter

Great suggestion - THANKS!

Lance
Central IL
09 KLE650
07 GL1800
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode