Being seen - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 10:48 AM Thread Starter

Talking Being seen

Hi all just joined the sight have had my versys for about a month now. shortly after purchasing my versys i bought A new scorpion exo 700 hi viz helmet thought it was a good idea to be seen.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/motor.../exo-700-neon/
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator

Oh no! A link is not going to cut it. I'd like to see you in that thing!! C'mon, new guy, post a picture!!

Oh, and welcome to the site!!

post #3 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Here i am with neon scorpion, and new hi viz tour master jacket. this is why i put the glow in glowcat.

Last edited by glowcat13; 09-06-2009 at 08:06 AM.

post #4 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:06 PM

Total +10 cool.
post #5 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 07:31 PM
Super Moderator

Outstanding!

post #6 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 09:13 PM

I too have decided to do everything possible to be seen. So, Scorpion XDR Commander jacket in Neon Yellow. Not sure about the helmet yet. Have a Nolan that is in good condition but fairly old. Thinking about doing one in White or yellow as well. Have some pics but have not been able to upload them yet. Still working on it!!
post #7 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-27-2009, 10:17 PM Thread Starter

hopfully i can get someone to take some pictures of me riding my green V, with the helmet and jacket, it will be A picture worth hanging on the wall.
post #8 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 08:38 AM

Oh there will still be some dumb ass that says gee I didn't see him! Anyway good colors! way to be seen! so bright it makes my eyes hurt!
post #9 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:17 AM

You will look like one big neon green blob riding!! Great match of color for the green V!!!
post #10 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayermedic View Post
Oh there will still be some dumb ass that says gee I didn't see him! Anyway good colors! way to be seen! so bright it makes my eyes hurt!

Yep, happened just a few days ago just outside Randolph AFB, here in Texas. A civilian contractor was going home for the day, left the base & was heading down the main drag. He slowed to a stop as he approached his upcoming left turn, and was rear ended by a lady in an SUV. She was doing 60+ & didn't even slow down. The impact knocked him over her SUV & he landed many feet behind her. The bike, a fairly new, highly polished Harley of some kind, was totaled.

He was wearing a nice riding jacket, gloves, boots, his work pants, full face helmet & one of those reflective/hi-vis vests, all required gear when riding on base.

This gentleman walked away with minor bruises & a little shaken up, but for the most part, unhurt.

Get this, her statement was (surprise!) "I didn't see him!"...

I'm not sure if she was charged with anything. Nor do I know any of the insurance/compensation details. I do know he is a lucky man & drivers like her are very common...

post #11 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:32 PM

Pretty phenomenal Bear...Was curious, if the rider was stopped to make the left and she blasted him at 60+ and didn't see him, was she just planning on blowing through the intersection? Probably hard to see anything when your texting and I'll bet a C note on that one....

If I new what I was doing, I wouldn't still be working
post #12 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-28-2009, 09:37 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by contractor View Post
Pretty phenomenal Bear...Was curious, if the rider was stopped to make the left and she blasted him at 60+ and didn't see him, was she just planning on blowing through the intersection? Probably hard to see anything when your texting and I'll bet a C note on that one....

Yep, that or talking on the phone. I see people doing it all the time...

post #13 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 02:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bear on a bicycle View Post
Yep, happened just a few days ago just outside Randolph AFB, here in Texas. A civilian contractor was going home for the day, left the base & was heading down the main drag. He slowed to a stop as he approached his upcoming left turn, and was rear ended by a lady in an SUV. She was doing 60+ & didn't even slow down. The impact knocked him over her SUV & he landed many feet behind her. The bike, a fairly new, highly polished Harley of some kind, was totaled.

He was wearing a nice riding jacket, gloves, boots, his work pants, full face helmet & one of those reflective/hi-vis vests, all required gear when riding on base.

This gentleman walked away with minor bruises & a little shaken up, but for the most part, unhurt.

Get this, her statement was (surprise!) "I didn't see him!"...

I'm not sure if she was charged with anything. Nor do I know any of the insurance/compensation details. I do know he is a lucky man & drivers like her are very common...
...hope the guy is all right, and isn't disadvantaged by his insurers

...however it underlines the need to remain vigilant when slowing and or stopped... keep an eye out behind you when stopped, make sure there is enough room in front to manouvere out of the way (and get out of the way if you think you need to) if you don't like the look of what is coming up behind. take proactive action, after all not everyone is going to get away as this guy has.
post #14 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 PM Thread Starter

The same idea came to mind about the woman was texting or something of that nature. Just thankful the rider was ok.
post #15 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 06:47 AM

I wear a yellow helmet and have bright LED rear lights that constantly blink when my brake is hit. I was stop at a yield sign on one of those Texas U turns that angles you so you can't see way behind you if you look at your mirrors.

Anyway, as I was just about to pull out after waiting for the last car to pass so I could go onto the frontage road, BAM, I got rear ended from an idiot. After getting up off the ground, I wanted to go over and punch the SOB, but I said, what the F--K did you hit me for?!! He said he thought I pulled out already. I could barely walk for a few weeks afterward and my bike got screwed up but was repaired.

I always watch the rear but you can't watch traffic and rear at ALL times. Sometimes they just sneak in. Look how many police are hit on the side of the road and they have the bright lights blinking. Warning lights, bright clothing, etc, are all good but nothing stops an idiot.
post #16 of 36 (permalink) Old 04-30-2009, 04:09 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post
I wear a yellow helmet and have bright LED rear lights that constantly blink when my brake is hit. I was stop at a yield sign on one of those Texas U turns that angles you so you can't see way behind you if you look at your mirrors.

Anyway, as I was just about to pull out after waiting for the last car to pass so I could go onto the frontage road, BAM, I got rear ended from an idiot. After getting up off the ground, I wanted to go over and punch the SOB, but I said, what the F--K did you hit me for?!! He said he thought I pulled out already. I could barely walk for a few weeks afterward and my bike got screwed up but was repaired.

I always watch the rear but you can't watch traffic and rear at ALL times. Sometimes they just sneak in. Look how many police are hit on the side of the road and they have the bright lights blinking. Warning lights, bright clothing, etc, are all good but nothing stops an idiot.

AMEN BROTHER!!! Man, that's a great signature line!!

post #17 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-17-2009, 06:39 AM

Very cool neon green helmet. might look into that one. I think i have seen them at my local shop..
post #18 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-19-2009, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by atgatt View Post

and by Atgatt.

Wearing reflective is and but street smarts are VITAL.
Only way is by Experience and Knowledge.
http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/riding_tips/index.html
post #19 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:32 AM

I got the Scorpion EXO 700 hi-vis and the neon yellow Commander coat for cold weather. Looking for a neon yellow mesh now with armour. Anyone own a Rev'it mesh jacket, if so, how do you like it or any other recommendations?
post #20 of 36 (permalink) Old 05-21-2009, 07:56 AM

Jack, NewEnough has a hi-vis FirstGear mesh jacket on sale right now....I can give you a better review of it after I get it off the FedEx truck this afternoon.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode