Need help choosing a Gear bag or Back Packs - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:27 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Need help choosing a Gear bag or Back Packs

I always ride ATGATT. But in the summer whens it's hot I can't wait to get the sweaty hot S.O.B.'s off once I get where I'm going. Typically my problem is at work. I to have park about a block or so from my office door (of course there's nothing but blacktop between the two). Not a great distance but once your body is up to temperature and the sun is beating on your black riding gear it seems more like a mile or two.. What I'm looking for is a gear bag or back pack I can use to stow and carry to my gear so I can strip it off right at the bike. (Note: I wear over pants so I wouldn't walking around commando style..) Except for the carry on luggage style gear bags I'm not finding many back packs that mention that they fit a helmet inside or have a sling of some kind. Does anyone have a bag or pack that is working well for them for the same purpose?

Last edited by Stud Muffin; 07-09-2013 at 09:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 09:53 AM

I'm fortunate enough to be able to park right outside so I don't have a need for one but I have seen them at reasonable prices......

http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...WT.MC_ID=10010

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 01:18 PM

Garage
When I go for service and leave my bike longer than a day, I use an Ikea shooping bag, the big blue one, to carry all my gear in the public transit

It's cheap, lightweight, strong enough, easy to fold flat and tiddy while carrying it empty, and has big volume to put all my stuff including the helmet AND boots, and I'm a big guy, so lot's of space

The nice bag propose by El Tig would barely hold my glove and boot at 25 liters but way sexier than my utilitarian bag

My 2 cents

LOP
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (49.1 KB, 36 views)

Last edited by Lours_Polaire; 07-09-2013 at 01:25 PM.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-09-2013, 03:05 PM

I used to stuff my jacket in one side case, pants and boots in the other, and take my helmet with me.

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 08:51 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff S View Post
I used to stuff my jacket in one side case, pants and boots in the other, and take my helmet with me.
I was thinking about saddle bags. It would be a whole lot easier just to carry the helmet vs. all the gear.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-10-2013, 01:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stud Muffin View Post
I was thinking about saddle bags. It would be a whole lot easier just to carry the helmet vs. all the gear.
I got hardcases (side and top) for this exact reason. When riding solo I can put my helmet in the topcase, jacket and pants in sidecases.

If I ride 2 up, I can put 1 jacket per sidecase, topcase for pants or other items, then lock the helmets on the helmet lock. No reason to carry anything anything. Its great, especially when hitting up a restaurant or park/recreational area.

However thats a bit of an investment.

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 11:09 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
I have one of those plastic-covered cables (about 1/2" x 8' long) and a padlock. I thread the cable thru the arm of my jacket, chin-bar of my helmet, thru a leg of the pants, back thru as many (legs & arms) as possible, and then thru the passenger hand-rails, and lock the end-loops together. I also have a "PACKSAFE" which I've used to 'corral' my gear and a buddy's while we went fishing. Either is cheaper than hard-bags....

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-11-2013, 02:51 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
The ICON Squad II is what I have. You can choose Hi-Viz for added safety, or black for your bad self. It has compartments for spare visor, tools, first aid, etc. It has a compartment for a notebook computer that loads from underneath so you can get to it without disturbing the rest of your gear. It has a helmet compartment that expands out for when you need to carry your helmet.

http://www.motosport.com/motorcycle/...FSgS7AodEhkA4A

My Versys Travels:

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode