I need a cover - please help - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 10:17 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
I need a cover - please help

Hi guys.

I am looking to get a cover for my bike - moved into a new home but I only got a carport, no more garage

In any case, I want a cover that will fit a 2011 versys that both the top and side hard cases from GIVI (v35s)

Can anyone recommend a cover that isnt going to break the bank? Prefer something from Amazon Prime so I can get it fast.

Farkles:
Givi Tall Windscreen, Givi Top Rack and Case, Givi V35 Bags and Mounts, Givi QuickLock Tank Connector+Bag, Oxford Heated Grips, Nuvi 550 w/ Ram Mount, Barkbusters Full Wrap + Storm, Motowerks Flatfoot, Spools and Tank Protector, Bobbed Fender, Grip Puppies, 12v SAE Socket, Packjack, Airhawk 1 (med), Scala Rider G4, Contour Roam2

Next Stop: 44Tooth Sprocket (To be installed)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 11:05 AM

I've got a cheapo cover from Cycle Gear that fits over my Versys with seahorse cases on it. There's plently of room - I'm pretty sure it would fit over your Givi's. It's the middle size cover, I believe...

Cheers, Jeff
--------------------------------

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|

2010 Versys
SW-Motech crash bars & bash plate
SW-Motech quick lock rear rack
Two seahorse 720 cases / panniers
Givi wind screen
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 12:11 PM

There are several type of covers and the material used depends on the application. You will need something that is: waterproof, heat shielded and lockable.

The heat shield is important to avoid the material met with the exhaust heat, the Versys has the exhaust in a particular location so you might get away without this feature but I would have it just in case.

Since you are going to leave it outside it has to be water proof. Make sure the fabric can resist the weather.

Also since it will be at the reach of people get a cover that can be secured with a cable and a lock. Not only it will not fly away but will not let anybody take it out and mess with your bike.

Something like these:

http://www.bikebandit.com/dowco-guar...torcycle-cover

http://www.bikebandit.com/tour-maste...torcycle-cover

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 12:46 PM

I use a $20 Walmart cover when I'm on the road.

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 06-25-2013, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I got mine here from Riders Discount can't remember the price but it was sweet. Had some photos posted but cleared out all my old photos. I keep my bike outside all year and this cover works great. I have the XL and it cover my bike with a taller windshield,saddlebags and a E-55 topcase. It will cover completly down past the passenger pegs.If you want to cover all the way to the ground go one sie bigger http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=10117

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode