New Dainese Jacket - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 04:32 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
New Dainese Jacket

I've always admired Dainese leather gear but could never justify the expense. Recently came across an almost new condition Dainese Charger jacket for a too good to resist price and snapped it up. While I have to say leather is not as practical for the temperature extremes as a good quality four season textile jacket this thing has better protection and is phenomenally comfortable in moderate (80F to 55F) temperatures. The front of the jacket has micro perforations. Not as cool as mesh in extreme heat but also better for cooler temps. It seems to have a moderating influence on the outside temp. It is warm when it is cool and seems cool when it is warm. Also has a full sleeve insulated liner. Fits like a glove, is nicely styled and has first rate protection.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 05:01 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
If I had more closet space, I would have more jackets!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 07:51 PM

Nice jackets...if you have the money! Or score a deal.

Got 4 jackets and looking at a couple, to replace the worn mesh and 3/4 ones.

Two are leather and while I feel they might offer better protection they can get hot, even the perforated one and a wet leather jacket is not a fun thing to ride 500 miles in.

Or was that look THEN leap?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2012 650 Versys

Last edited by Time; 06-16-2013 at 07:59 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 08:18 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The GF son has a leather summer Dainese Jacket and a winter one also. Man the winter one is the heaviest jacket i've run across but they are sweet.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-16-2013, 09:06 PM

Just got my first leather jacket as a fathers day gift. It's a Tour Master Coaster 2, not the same quality as the Dianese I'm sure, but so far I really like it. It's heavy but has lots of venting, I'm sure it would save my skin better than my old textile jacket.

Lovin every minute of it!
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 06-20-2013, 02:34 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
With this in my closet I need to make more room. Is anyone interested in an almost new (no visible wear and lightly used as I have several other jackets) Teiz Tioga perforated leather jacket (size 40-42 large)? Price is $60 plus shipping. Color is light grey/pewter. See the review of this jacket

http://www.webbikeworld.com/r4/teiz-...ino-jacket.htm

Last edited by twowheels; 06-20-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode