Shift Racing - Primer Jacket; Anyone have info or experience on w/ this jacket? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 08:59 AM Thread Starter

Shift Racing - Primer Jacket; Anyone have info or experience on w/ this jacket?

Hello,
I am looking for a rather plain leather riding jacket that isn't covered in giant graphics like many GSX-R riders wear. I need something low-key, and ran across this jacket a few months back. I haven't been able to find any info on it such as a review or test, and none of the dealerships in my area carry it in stock. Has anyone here had any experience with this jacket or know someone who does? It looks decent and is priced about where I was willing to pay. Any help would be great!

'I use my cigar smoke as idiot repellent'

Yeah, that’s a statistic sample size of 1, category “anecdotal evidence”, but there it is.

"You just got killed by a Daewoo Lanos motherfu#&er!!" -Red, from Pineapple Express.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 3 (permalink) Old 05-19-2008, 04:41 PM
Super Moderator

No experience with it, but it is a fine looking jacket. I might get one myself! I think Shift is a reputable company. I wouldn't think they would offer a jacket at that price point that wasn't good quality. However, I understand your reservations. I like to try stuff on, feel the product & get a first hand opinion of what I'm buying when it comes to clothing/apparel.

This web site shows a front & back view if you click on the "click for larger image" at the bottom of the picture:

http://shop.shiftracing.com/ecomm/Pr...=70109255F.jpg

Man that is a nice looking jacket...

post #3 of 3 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 09:20 AM

I have an Alpine Stars NYC jacket. It's plain black leather, and very comfortable. Zip out weather resistant liner, and it has thousands of tiny little holes so it breaths well (perforated leather?). It's great even in the Florida heat unless your sitting still in traffic. I wear a Joe Rocket Phoenix jacket if I anticipate a lot of stop and go traffic or if it is just hot as balls outside. The pheonix is like a balistic jersey with back, shoulder, and elbow padding.

I know on the Alpine Stars the padding is CE, and I beleive it is as well on the Joe Rocket jacket.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode