Scorpion Deuce mesh overpants - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 04:52 PM Thread Starter

Scorpion Deuce mesh overpants

Just got a pair of Scorpion Deuce mesh overpants for the summer time... couldn't make myself drop the change for Motoport...

If you want pics, there are plenty at Newenough.

They are very sturdy in design, much heavier than my FG HT overpants. Construction seems top-notch. The thigh and back of calf are mesh and flow a decent amount of air, although not as much as the other mesh pants I've seen. The flip-side is that they feel more protective (I don't plan on testing them any time soon).

Main point I wanted to share was that they are built for you tall skinny muthers. I'm 6ft 230lbs, wear jeans in either 36x32 (too tight) or 38x32(too loose) sizes and ordered the XXL in the Scorpion pants to fit as overpants. With jeans and a belt, the XXL fits snuggly, and there is plenty of inseam. If I lose about 10 lbs. they shoud fit perfectly as overpants, for now they fit fine as long as I don't put the liner in.

Overall, I like them very much... they are made from a heavy material,and feel very protective while flowing enough air to keep my boys happy (for now anyway, I'll know more when the temp climbs higher during the summer).

'08 Versys.. Givi rear rack, JCW trunk and E21's, Givi shield, Madstad bracket, Speedy peg and mirror brackets, lowering kit, SC Seat, R1 Shock.. other stuff. '09 KLX250 setup for singletrack. 2011 Xterra, '80 CJ-7

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-26-2009, 09:20 AM

+1 on the scorpion deuce pants. I've had mine for about seven months and love them. Fit easily over pants and with the liner I've been able to wear them throughout the winter and on rainy days. Agree that they're not quite as free flowing of air as I would like for lower than highway speeds but overall I am happy with the amount of protection/air they do provide.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM

I am looking at these and the Icon Arc Mesh or Textile over pants for daily riding. Obviously, to wear as over pants ;-) Got an opinion on which is better? I am really torn.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 03:25 PM

I wear shorts to work everyday, and just want something to throw on to give a little protection. Easy on and off, throw them in the side bag. I'm watching this thread too for some suggestions.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-30-2009, 04:47 PM

You wear shorts every day! Damn, I have to wear shorts, longjohns and pants to ride around here this time of year

Regards,

Dave

2009 Versys (Metallic Moon dust Gray) Speedy lowering pegs, Speedy Kick stand pad, Speedy Mirror extensions, Vario Windshield, Oxford heated grips and SW-Motech Engine Guards.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 KLR (Red) - Sold
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 05:09 AM

Oh no, not now, way to cold yet. But summer is coming, so they say......
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 03-31-2009, 07:14 PM

I knew if I didn't qualify my answer it would come back to 'haunt' me. :-D

I should have added that I like wearing these pants alone as well versus having overpants and a separate pair of riding pants.... These look good on and off the bike and just don't seem to be as baggy as other brands I looked at. I sometimes think of getting perforated leather pants but the upkeep, expen$e and not having the functionality of these makes me feel these are a good choice.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode