Fly racing tourist helmet - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 08:52 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Fly racing tourist helmet

I just got the Fly Racing Tourist Helmet and I like it a lot! Tested it yesterday on the way home (30 miles-10 miles interstate, 10 miles state highway, 10 miles local).

Firstly, the field of vision is the widest of my 3 helmets (HJC IC Max and Bell Revolver). Visually, I feel like I am not wearing a helment because I do not see the frame of the helment above and on either side of my face. It has a removable chin bar which is about an inch and a half high, not same as the regular chin bar on a full face or even a flip up. It is however, another piece of protection between your face and the pavement or whatever. I wear glasses so I have to take the chin bars off to get the helmet on.

At slow speeds, the visor fogs up a little bit, but I leave a crack on all my helmets when on local roads anyway. On the highways, flick it shut and all is good. Leaving a crack at high speeds, I get a vibration and it looks like there's a constant, but mild earthquake... the helmet feels like it's taking airflow rather well, air noise is there as in most helmets.

A cool feature about this helmet is you can configure it as a half face with a clear visor as well as a tinted one, both are included... another feature is the peek visor that comes with it. You cannot use the chin bar with the peek visor though, a set up would require some eye protection.

Sizes are a little off... I usually wear XL so I ordered the same. It was tight especially with the chin bar attached. The sid foams are rather thick which press against the cheeks. Without the bar, it was fine. To remedy this, I stitched the front edges of the padding to the rear edges, pressing the foam thereby providing more clearance for my face. It feels much more comfortable. Ventilation- 2 in front, 2 top rear and 2 at the rear on either side of the DOT sticker. They work well enough during the ride at all speeds.
It also comes with a one piece breath mask (to prevent fogging) / chin protector to keep air from under the helmet during cold weather.

I bought at leatherup.com, for $98 less 10%, free shipping. For the price of this helmet and it's features, I highly recommend it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 09:50 AM

I hadn't heard of this one, so I looked it up. Neat looking helmet. I have a Fly Trekker and found it to be a size smaller than my normal helmets.

post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-07-2013, 02:28 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigflax925 View Post
I hadn't heard of this one, so I looked it up. Neat looking helmet. I have a Fly Trekker and found it to be a size smaller than my normal helmets.

I wanted to get the Trekker, but because I wear glasses it did not work for me. Too bad, it's one BAD helmet!

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-28-2013, 08:13 PM

for the price it looks like a nice helmet

I have never had a Fly, so I do not know if it would fit my
round/retangular/square/oblong/bumpy shaped head

advantage to guys living in the big city.

only have 1 dealer in town, and very small at that, just 1 brand of motorbikes, but 4, maybe even 5 brands of those 4 wheeled machines.
sells more 4 wheelers and side-by-sides than everything else combined.
and parts.....shoot, guess they are about like most everyone else nowadays and they have to order near everything
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode