Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 02:57 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
My Latest Video Camera

Pivot Head Glasses...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 04-27-2013 at 07:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:54 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
interesting.... a small review??

Versys 2015 Green
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 03:58 PM
MTS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Those look soooooo awesome weljo! Looks like you got the recons!

Very frickin cool! Wish I had a pair!

( RIDE FREE BE SAFE )

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 05:32 PM

Cool as hell. Didn't know they were making them that small but not surprised.

One bug in the right place and your whole video is

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 06:26 PM
Banned

299$ or

69$

Last edited by Seeya; 04-25-2013 at 07:34 PM.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 08:21 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
I like the description:

"- Suitable for the people who loves life"

Versys 2015 Green
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-25-2013, 10:45 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTS View Post
Those look soooooo awesome weljo! Looks like you got the recons!

Very frickin cool! Wish I had a pair!

Yep....I'll test them out tomorrow. Charged them up while i was picking up the girlfriend at the airport today.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 02:13 AM

Garage
No expandable memory?
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
Yep....I'll test them out tomorrow. Charged them up while i was picking up the girlfriend at the airport today.
Going to try them out with the girlfriend eh???

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM

Garage
Is the thickness of the branch a problem between the helmet and your head ?

LOP
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 08:59 AM
Banned

After use give input on the fallowing
only one hour or less of video recording because of the battery or because of memory, no capacity to increase the memory,
auto shut off that make the glasses turn off in one minute if you are not recording.
This is really annoying because hundreds of times you think you're recording by just pressing the button and actually the glasses shut off and you have to press the on button again, with a helmet on
expensive,
the memory is to low and the auto shut off is a "pain in the ass".
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:53 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seeya View Post
After use give input on the fallowing
only one hour or less of video recording because of the battery or because of memory, no capacity to increase the memory,
auto shut off that make the glasses turn off in one minute if you are not recording.
This is really annoying because hundreds of times you think you're recording by just pressing the button and actually the glasses shut off and you have to press the on button again, with a helmet on
expensive,
the memory is to low and the auto shut off is a "pain in the ass".

I didn't buy this camera for rides. I have a Drift Ghost and 2 Drift Stealths for that. Got this one for video or photos when off the bike and interactions with the group when i don't feel like carrying a camera. Also for video's when i work on the bike.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 10:56 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zatx View Post
Going to try them out with the girlfriend eh???

Not a chance in hell on that one. She'd kill me.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:23 PM

Does this mean your neighbors no longer have to wonder what the hell the guy in the motorcycle helmet is doing in his front yard talking to himself about clutch lube?

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:38 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by goat12 View Post
Does this mean your neighbors no longer have to wonder what the hell the guy in the motorcycle helmet is doing in his front yard talking to himself about clutch lube?

Yes Sir.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 12:49 PM

No.. now they'll wonder about the guy outside talking to himself with the funny looking sunglasses on. At least before they could see the camera on his helmet and try and figure it out.

May the road always curve in front of you.
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-26-2013, 01:52 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Just a quick clip from this morning while taking one of the boys to his class. They wouldn't let him in wearing a cut off shirt so i had to give him my shirt. Filmed at 720dpi 60fps it picks up the audio well...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 04-27-2013, 06:54 PM

Garage
Video looks good and audio is ok too. I found them cheaper on ebay AU $189
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 04:04 PM Thread Starter

Garage
My thoughts on the glasses. Great for photos, Video works best when your not walking around to much movement. I'll use them in certain situations but would i buy them again. "NO"

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 05-13-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
My thoughts on the glasses. Great for photos, Video works best when your not walking around to much movement. I'll use them in certain situations but would i buy them again. "NO"
Very cool idea tho.

Look to be alot less cumbersome than my now antique (but cool in the day) action sports cam.

Black 2012 Versys-Sold!
Blue WR250R
Green Bolens
Black GSX-S750
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode