Butt Buffer Rider and Passenger Pads - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 05-04-2008, 07:36 PM Thread Starter

Butt Buffer Rider and Passenger Pads

Although the Versys's stock seating areas are the most comfortable ones that both me and my passenger, Denise, have ever enjoyed, we both wanted pads that would prevent "hot spots" on long rides. This is especially an issue for the passenger, since the pillion seat is not very wide and offers limited benefits if you try to "squirm" to find a new position.

So, after checking out lots of different options, we selected two pads from Butt Buffer (http://www.buttbuffer.com). I got the "medium" size and Denise decided to try the "small" size instead of the even smaller "pillion" size. We paid a bit extra to get pads that are embroidered with the POW/MIA logo.

We tried them out on a long ride today - and they are EXCELLENT! They stay in place perfectly, they provide significant but unobtrusive padding, and there's no sensation of being on something that's going to slide or wobble around. Denise was especially pleased because the "small" pad gives her a larger effective seating area than the stock upholstery.

Here's a picture of our Versys with the pads in place (taken on a ride today at the Ohio River access point at Golconda, Illinois):

Happy Riding,
Kevin

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"Y'all come and enjoy some Shawnee Forest Squirrel Stew with us!"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 06-02-2008, 08:01 AM

I'm late getting in on this thread. I've heard of these butt buffers, thanks for the testimonial. The seat is good on the Versys but they always could be better. Sounds like a good product.

Two questions about other items on your bike: The tank bag and the tires. I'm looking for a tank bag and thinking about going with the SW-Motech GasCap tank bags. Just flip up the bag to fill the tank and return - looks easy to operate and SW-Motech has good quality. Tires - I'm not ready for tires yet, but I like to keep these facts in mind when I go for my next set.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode