Boots for wide feet - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 11:56 AM Thread Starter

Boots for wide feet

So next year will be my first year riding (after courses and exams this year). I've got all my gear lined up except for my boots which are always a contentious issue for me. I have wide feet. Not incredibly wide, but just enough to split regular shoes open over time and make them uncomfortable. For the first time last year I got some properly sized wide winter boots and had to get Belleville 795 army boots to find a proper fit. Luckily, Merrell makes some nice wide hiking shoes so I'm now comfortable in the summer time too.

So here's my question: Motorcycle boots are reinforced which makes them quite rigid and those I've tried had the same usual tight fit. Is there a manufacturer out there that makes wide sizes or something wider that usual?

If I can't find anything I'll go for some Belleville 800ST all leather army boots with a steel toe, but it won't have any ankle of heel protection... Still better than guaranteeing myself an injury from improperly fitting boots though.

Thanks!
Jon
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 02:38 PM

I wear an 11.5-12 EE-EEE—obviously manufacturer-dependent—and TCX (formerly Oxtar) boots fit me great. They're definitely wider than other brands. Consider ordering from New Enough as their return policy is excellent.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 03:28 PM

I wear Oxtar TCX, whatever its called these days and have a wide foot and find them very comfortable. You should also consider;

http://www.compacc.com/prod.cfm/cid/1001008/pid/16911

for extra wide feet.

I paid $169.00 on eBay for my Oxtar's, but I had tried them on in a store before purchase-you might want to do the same. Either way expect to pay close to $200.00 for a good pair, but they should last you years.

Would NOT recommend the steel toe, you need to be able to feel the gear lever in my view. A steel toe would make that impossible, plus making the boot too tall for the angle of your ankle to be comfortable-if that makes sense? I.E. you would have to lower your toe so much to get the boot under the gear lever it would be un-comfortable, that sentence makes more sense.

Machog

Last edited by Machog; 01-01-2009 at 03:31 PM.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator

I usually agree with you Mac, but I wear steel toes all the time & don't have an issue with them.

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-03-2009, 09:31 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, I'll see if I can find a dealer in my area for those. Last part of my puzzle before I get the Versys this spring.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 06:50 AM

I usually wear a EEE and I was able to get some Alpine Star WEB Goretex boots. To make them fit I replaced the sole pad with an odor eater pad...now they fit fine. I had tried them on the store and they fit great, but when I got mine they were too tight...what I figured out is that someone had taken the sole pads out of the boots in the store.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode