Transition 2 - worth waiting for? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

Transition 2 - worth waiting for?

I ordered the Tour Master's Transition 2 in late August after being disapointed in the water proofing of the Olympia AST. I loved the AST for venting and comfort. I have waited for the Transition 2 and was told it would be shipping in late November. I sent an e-mail (12/20/08) requesting a revised date they will start shipping. No response, as of yet.

Is it worth the wait or are there better but similar jackets for the price ($169 MSRP). Does anyone have the Fieldsheer Aviator Jacket? I also have the First Gear Kilimanjaro IV, but do not like the sleeves (too hard to get on over a long sleeve shirt).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-26-2008, 07:32 PM

I have the Tourmaster transition 2, and like it. the venting seems good, and it seals up tight and warm. I haven't ridden in the rain yet, so can't comment on the dryness of the shell.

Michael
Always be wary of any helpful item that weighs less than its operating manual.
- Terry Pratchett

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 05:25 PM

TM Transition 2 Jacket

I just ordered one off ebay. 158 shipped and paypal is giving me back 10 cause I 'm such a nice guy. Couldn't pass up the deal. Today UPS brought me a Tour Master Pivot jacket from Dennis Kirk ebay outlet for 40 shipped. I think I'm outfitted.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 12-29-2008, 08:42 PM Thread Starter

Transition 2

I received a reply on the availability of the Transition 2.

“Some of the Transitions are available currently and for the others that are not, I have been told by our Purchasing Department that the next shipment of Transition 2's should be arriving in 2 shipments, 1 at the beginning of the month and the other at the end. I suggest that you consider special ordering one with a dealer local to yourself as the jackets will sell out again quickly I am sure.”

Hipshot, please let me know how you like your Transition 2.
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-04-2009, 07:28 AM

Transition 2

Just bought the yellow Transition Jacket from my dealer. Had to, they sent me an invitation with a 20% off coupon. Paid 145 . Had to get a size larger than normal, bit tight on the arms. Then again I have popeye arms I guess. Already took it for a test drive and did not need a sweater, that was at about 34 degrees.

2005 50cc scooter, 2007 GS500f, 2008 DL650 Vstrom,
I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-08-2009, 07:33 PM

I received my TM Transition 2 today. I'm impressed. It's kind of like my roadcrafter suit, I still haven't found all the pockets. I haven't road tested it yet as there is too much ice on my road but I am looking forward to the first ride. It seems well designed and fits as it should. For less than 160 I think it is a bargain.

Last edited by Hipshot; 01-10-2009 at 03:09 PM.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-10-2009, 02:29 PM

Question

Anyone with this coat should let me know how it is... I was impressed by reviews and the stats on it, and am defeintly considering it as an option here in the next few weeks... or if anyone has any thoughts on the Fieldsheer Cyclone one piece suit, I'm considering that one as well...

post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-11-2009, 07:02 AM

Thumbs up Transition 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by amir_zwara View Post
Anyone with this coat should let me know how it is... I was impressed by reviews and the stats on it, and am defeintly considering it as an option here in the next few weeks......
I have the transition 2 ( yellow/black). Wore it twice this new year sofar. At 30 degrees I didn't feel anything, jacket was warm, and I felt much safer on the road, seemed like people could see me better. The yellow color should be cooler in the summer too, my black one became an oven while waiting at a light.

I'm here for my wife's V . She lets me Farkle her Ride. No Diamonds for her, but shiney stuff for the bike is Okay
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-16-2009, 11:13 PM

Ordered this jacket from a local Honda dealer... should be here within 2 weeks they say. The red was on back order
Hopefully it is as good as it seems, I did a lot of research and it seems worthy. Got the dealer to bring the price down to 147 + tax.

post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 07:48 AM

I just got my red one from Motorcycle Superstore yesterday. It only took a week to get to me. Fits really well. I will be able to try it out this weekend in 30-40 degree temps.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!
Sounds like a challenge to me!

Now I have four!

post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharrison56 View Post
I just got my red one from Motorcycle Superstore yesterday. It only took a week to get to me. Fits really well. I will be able to try it out this weekend in 30-40 degree temps.
Just did a little trip with new friends today. We met when it was barely 33 Degrees. Drove to Park City for lunch - That's the max I think this jacket can handle. Whats the wind-chill at 65 / 70 mph? I'm thinking electric vest. And better pants.

post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-17-2009, 10:00 PM

I rode for about 2 hours in 38F today. Jacket was warm, but I could feel a few cool spots around the middle, but I was never cold...I guess I need to make sure everything is completely zipped up.

Steve

I bought a motorcycle because my wife said that I couldn't! Now I have two and she still says I can't have another one!

Now I have four!

post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:38 PM

I got mine in today in red, and I like it. Will have to test it out some more, but it fits well, it has a lot of vents... and seems reasonably warm. (Though it was like 80 degrees here today...)

Last edited by amir_zwara; 02-03-2009 at 05:59 PM.
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 05:41 PM

I have had a chance to ride for longer periods in mid 30s temps and the Transition 2 has been great. It also fits very well. So far I really like it a lot.

Steve

Now I have four!

post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 06:28 PM

Trans II

I got mine from Competition Accessories cause New Enough was too slow. The jacket came with lots of loose threads that took me over an hour to cut off. Someone at the factory was rushed and didn't finish the work. The first thing I do is remove the liner and store it. The Polartech stuff that we can get now is so much better as insulating and lightness is concerned, and you can put it on and off without the hassle of attaching the liner. I'm 5'09", 165 lbs, and I don't like tight gear so I got the large. The armor is good except for the back which is minimal. The throat is big so I need a scarf or the like to keep my neck warm when the temps. are in the 30's or 40's. All in all it's a good value. I intend to use the jacket in temps. range from low 30's to low 70's, when I'll go to the mesh jacket I have, a Cortech several years old.
post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 09:33 PM Thread Starter

I'm Still Waiting

I have yet to receive my Transition 2. I'm buying from Rider Gear and they just tell me it's still on order. I'm a patient man, but 6 months is a bit long. I have other jackets so it doesn't matter much, except I do want it by Bike Week.

Your positive responses keep me hanging on.
post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-03-2009, 10:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEJCPA View Post
I have yet to receive my Transition 2. I'm buying from Rider Gear and they just tell me it's still on order. I'm a patient man, but 6 months is a bit long. I have other jackets so it doesn't matter much, except I do want it by Bike Week.

Your positive responses keep me hanging on.
6 months is far too long.
I'd cancel and order it at a dealership if I were you, it took less than 2 weeks for mine, and that's only cause I insisted on red and the warehouse was out of that color.

post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 05:59 AM

I ordered mine from Motorcycle Superstore and got it in a week. http://www.motorcycle-superstore.com...-2-Jacket.aspx

Steve

Now I have four!

Last edited by sharrison56; 02-06-2009 at 06:29 AM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 07:50 AM Thread Starter

Why I Wait

Rider Gear does not stock the jacket, so they had to wait on the distributor. I e-mailed the distributor twice and they should now or soon be shipping the jacket in my size and color. My size and color has been out of stock since late August.

I'm waiting because of the positive feedback on the Transition 2 and mainly I get a 30% discount for being a MSF Rider Coach from the Rider Gear store in Nashville, TN. Not all Rider Gear stores give this discount.

That being said, it has still been frustrating - not at Rider Gear but at the distributor and Tour Master.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 02-04-2009, 10:32 PM

Walked in to www.motogearoutlet.com and got the bright ass neon yellow one a couple of weeks ago. Check out their website, they generally have a decent stock and are really great to deal with.

The jacket with liner worked fine for me in the low 30's with just a long sleeve shirt on underneath. You could easily layer if you are bit cold blooded, but it seems fine into the 30's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode