• 1 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Doug Just Doug
  • 3 Post By 52Degrees

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 02:15 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Textile gear - washing

Hola,

How you wash your textile gear like pants and jacket?
I have Ixon crossair jacket and crosstour pants, and by instruction I need to wash them by hand, no washing machine.
But I put them into washing machine, and I use program for very sensitive laundry, and really gently liquid soap for laundry.

I am sweating like 500 kg pig in that suit, and also I use and long functional underwear (top and bottom). That underwear pick 50% of sweat, but other 50% my suit take.

So after 2 week of riding from my home to job and from job to home, my black jacket and pants get white because of salt from sweat, and it is visible on stichest on outside of jacket and pants, inside is more visible.
So I need to wash almost every 2 week my suit.

How you wash your pants and jacket?
Which soap you use for washing?
Do you use some stuff after gear is dry for impregnating, so gear is waterproof.
Or you maybe use some stuff for impregnating which you put into washing mashine. (i only heard about that, so if somebody know about that please write).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 03:13 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I always wash mine in the washing machine..Have a front load washer. Use Tide or Arm & Hammer ( A&H smells really good ).liquid laundry detergent. I leave the armor in. Then i just hang outside to dry..
Jake Wheelie likes this.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 04:48 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 25 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by weljo2001 View Post
I always wash mine in the washing machine..Have a front load washer. Use Tide or Arm & Hammer ( A&H smells really good ).liquid laundry detergent. I leave the armor in. Then i just hang outside to dry..
I do like weljo, using cold wash/cold rinse water, and "TIDE - Simply Clean and Fresh" liquid detergent, machine set to 'heavy duty', HIGH spin, HEAVY dirt, then I put them onto hangers in my garage to dry. Works PDG!!!

Jake Wheelie likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:37 PM

Nikwax Tech Wash, followed by Nikwax TX Direct wash-in to re-new the DWR coating.
dadsafrantic likes this.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 08-29-2019, 07:55 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
When it need washing, i just lay it on the floor and use power jet to wash and hang to dry and my bike gets a wash also.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 02:15 AM

Garage
Same here. Wash on gentle, cold. Liquid deterrent with Lysol laundry sanitizer.

I've heard straight, unflavored vodka in a spray bottle works extremely well, and usually results in some inadvertent ingestion of intoxicants, if it goes well.

2016 KLZ1000GBFAL
No mods yet
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 09-01-2019, 11:09 AM

I have discovered the only drawback to having a muffler exhaust coming out behind my right foot....the exhaust fumes have discolored the areas of bright colors on my textile tech jacket! Only on the right side,took a bit of thinking to figure it out. So I laid it in the bathtub,cold water in a mix of Oxyclean overnight but didnt work great. Tried some other stuff like vinegar and baking soda to no avail. Short of bleach not sure if anything will work on baked in exhaust fumes. Got to be careful with bleach. Gives us an idea of what we all are breathing in every day,nasty stuff.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode