I need new boots. - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 02:46 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Garage
I need new boots.

So I am in need of a new pair of boots for the upcoming season. A couple of requirements for them. I need them to be full boots, no ankle height. waterproof is a nice bonus for them as well. I like buckles to secure the boot rather than a zipper up the leg, but that is not a deal breaker.

My previous boots are the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots. I liked their fit, but they just dont hold up very well. After 1 season the zipper decided to come all apart on them, and Joe Rocket did not wish to return any of my attempts at contacting them about them. My previous boot as a low shin height boot from Joe Rocket, but they needed to be replaced after a get off. I dragged my foot dont the road on one of the seams destroying the stitching. I liked them, but am tired of Joe Rocket gear falling apart before it should. Its a shame as I like the fit of their gear.

The prices of a motorcycle boot is ridiculous. Many of them are right up there with my ski boots!

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 03:56 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
The boots i've been looking all seem to be in the $500.00 range. But i ran across these that look interesting......http://www.motorcyclecloseouts.com/o...Fap_QgodOwgAZw

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett

Last edited by weljo2001; 02-12-2013 at 03:59 PM.
post #3 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 04:47 PM

Garage
I'm looking for a similar boot, reasonable road riding protection, yet ok to walk in and waterproof would be a great plus.

Anything available in a WIDE may help too.

Interested to hear the suggestions.

Mitch

Last edited by Slow-Steady; 02-12-2013 at 05:11 PM.

post #4 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 05:01 PM

Garage
I'm breaking in the Icon Reigns I got for Christmas. Good price (about $175 Canadian) Waterproof, plain enough and comfortable enough to wear around when off the bike. Nice cross between the extremes ends "track racing style" and "hi-top shoe style". IMHO

Always trust your cape.
post #5 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM

last year I bought a pair of Icon Patrol boots and they are really comfortable.
They are easy to put on with only two ski boot type buckles and they are definitely waterproof, I have ridden in two torrential downpours and not a drop of water inside.
I highly recommend them.

2013 Versys1000
post #6 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 06:42 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Garage
My latest boots are the TCX Infinity Gore-tex. Love them and wear them more than the others.

http://www.motorcycle-usa.com/399/13...ts-Review.aspx

My Versys Travels:

post #7 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via Skype™ to kiwi 41
The site sponsor may have some deals
http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...ad.php?t=22138
post #8 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 08:17 PM

I need new boots.

I have the REVIT Apache boots, which I picked up based on a review on webbikeworld (http://www.webbikeworld.com/r2/rev-it/apache-boots/)
it has a zipper, which you may not like, I found the waterproof trim on the outside of the zipper disintegrated pretty fast, and as a result the zipper would catch on the fragments from time to time.

Very waterproof, break in and are comfortable, but I might be tempted to try another boot next time.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App
post #9 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 09:24 PM

http://www.revzilla.com/motorcycle/s...ure-rain-boots

Fine boots.

Someday is not a day of the week.
post #10 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-12-2013, 10:33 PM

I love my Aplinestars S-MX 5. The build quality is excellent. I've got about 6k on them and they show no signs of falling apart. They are all day comfortable and have all the good safety features. I bought them at Cycle Gear when I lived in St. Louis. If you can try them on I would.

Beauty is in the eye of the beer-holder
post #11 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 12:56 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
http://www.getgeared.co.uk/Motorcycl...torcycle-boots

Got one last Christmas and good for all rides. Good Quality.
post #12 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 03:59 AM

Hard to beat Sidi for quality.
post #13 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:23 AM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATYC View Post
I'm breaking in the Icon Reigns I got for Christmas. Good price (about $175 Canadian) Waterproof, plain enough and comfortable enough to wear around when off the bike. Nice cross between the extremes ends "track racing style" and "hi-top shoe style". IMHO

Almost afraid to ask, do you know where Santa got them from?
post #14 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 07:54 AM

I've got Sidi way rain boots that I love. Waterproof yet comfortable in our oppressive summer heat. The quality is great and they're still doing fine after 4+ years of daily riding. Don't know if they're still available but the current comparable boot should offer the same quality and protection.

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!
post #15 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 06:49 PM

Garage
@onewizard, the boots were bought at Inglis Cycle here in London.

Always trust your cape.
post #16 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-13-2013, 09:58 PM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by HAWKSHOT99 View Post
So I am in need of a new pair of boots for the upcoming season. A couple of requirements for them. I need them to be full boots, no ankle height. waterproof is a nice bonus for them as well. I like buckles to secure the boot rather than a zipper up the leg, but that is not a deal breaker.

My previous boots are the Joe Rocket Sonic Boots. I liked their fit, but they just dont hold up very well. After 1 season the zipper decided to come all apart on them, and Joe Rocket did not wish to return any of my attempts at contacting them about them. My previous boot as a low shin height boot from Joe Rocket, but they needed to be replaced after a get off. I dragged my foot dont the road on one of the seams destroying the stitching. I liked them, but am tired of Joe Rocket gear falling apart before it should. Its a shame as I like the fit of their gear.

The prices of a motorcycle boot is ridiculous. Many of them are right up there with my ski boots!
Sidi On Road Gortex are fantastic all round boots but somewhat pricey. They are 100% water proof ( you can wade in them ), have a thick lug sole and lots of built in (hidden) protection. Only issue, and I suspect this is the case with all water proof boots, especially non Gortex, is while they will be warmer in cold weather, will be hotter in hot weather.
post #17 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 06:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgoods View Post
I love my Aplinestars S-MX 5. The build quality is excellent. I've got about 6k on them and they show no signs of falling apart. They are all day comfortable and have all the good safety features. I bought them at Cycle Gear when I lived in St. Louis. If you can try them on I would.
here's a second vote for a*. i'm finally wearing out a pair of SM-X gore-tex, purchased in '02-'03 timeframe. they are quite comfy and quite protective. there is a seam beginning to come apart that i can probably have fixed at a cobbler, but haven't gotten around to it. they remain waterproof regardless.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #18 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-14-2013, 11:42 PM

I also have a pair of Sidi waterproof boots. Don't remember the model, but I had some of the same requirements...waterproof and ok to wear off the bike for a day. They're not the best for wearing all day, i.e., I wouldn't want to wear them everyday all day, but every now and then they're fine. They're not my daily boots, maybe I wear them 30% of the time, but they've done fine in rain for the last 3 or so rainy seasons.

2011 Imperial Red
Givi V46 / V35's SW Motech mounts
Skidmarx hugger Moto Werks bar riser
Mondo Motors LED Driving Lights
A little bit of road rash
post #19 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 02:26 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Thanks guys. I have been checking out the options listed and some of them look pretty good. It amazes me what some companies charge for a pair of boots.

08' Versys
Givi racks with V35 sides, and V46 Top-case, Garmin Zumo 450 GPS, Powermadd Handguards, Motowerks GPS Mount, Peg Lowering kit, Flat Foot, Arrow Exhaust, Adjustable Levers, GIPro Gear Indicator, Oxford Heated Grips
post #20 of 54 (permalink) Old 02-15-2013, 04:16 PM

The last pair of cycling boots you will ever buy:

http://www.aerostich.com/clothing/fo...ing-boots.html

I'm no diplomat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode