Packtalk Slim Volume - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

1Likes
  • 1 Post By Turk

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 02:58 PM Thread Starter

Packtalk Slim Volume

I just got a Packtalk Slim and some upgraded speakers (U-Clear Digital, Pulse Speakers). I didn't pick any of this stuff out it was gifted to me so no complaints however would like to know if anyone else has tried a Packtalk Slim set? I just made a phone call using voice commands, which was really cool and the clarity of the call was excellent but... I'm sitting at my desk. While the volume was fine for home I thought it may not be so good on the bike at highway speeds. Any thoughts?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:15 PM

Garage
I have the PackTalk and the speakers work great in it.....Have you registered your unit you can set up your unit here......http://community1.cardosystems.com/signup# This guy have lots of great videos on Cardio Headsets...https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCL_...6mSs0cQ/videos

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:18 PM Thread Starter

Thanks, weijo, yep registered and upgraded the firmware first thing. Maybe my speakers are mounted too low. I didn't even have my earplugs in as it was just a test call. Tried music from my phone and radio too, it was okay but not super clear and certainly not enough volume. Just as a matter of fact, my hearing is quite good so that's not the problem.

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 03:29 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turk View Post
Thanks, weijo, yep registered and upgraded the firmware first thing. Maybe my speakers are mounted too low. I didn't even have my earplugs in as it was just a test call. Tried music from my phone and radio too, it was okay but not super clear and certainly not enough volume. Just as a matter of fact, my hearing is quite good so that's not the problem.
Are the speakers set deep into the ear hole in the helmet liner if so you might have to fill the hole to get the speakers closer to your ears. My unit came with small round pillow like disk that attached by velcro in to the ear holes in the liner then you attach the speakers to the disk..

The extra disks are in the pack in the top left hand of the photo...

P1020099 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 03-14-2019, 04:25 PM Thread Starter

Yep, I saw those pillows and have been wondering if that would help. I can feel the speakers against my ears but they are not pressing. I have an HJC RPHA 11 Pro. There are speaker pockets but they are not very deep. I will do some experimenting with position and depth to see if I can improve it. Thanks for the suggestion.
weljo2001 likes this.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in