VASO Heated Glove Liners - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-09-2008, 08:30 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to hellcatz
Question VASO Heated Glove Liners

Hey all,

I've been looking around on line for heated gloves and/or liners and I ran across these.
http://www.vasoglove.com/index.html

Anyone have any experience with these or know anyone that does?
Are these any better or worse than others?

As for other brands or styles, what are some recommendations?
Are the 12V ones easy to install and use on the bike?

Thanks for all the help!
Nate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-28-2009, 09:12 PM

This Company Sucks!!!! I Bought A Pair Of These On 12 -14-09. I Had To Pay $12.50 For 3 Day Shipping. I Called On 12 -19 They Told Me They Are Going Out Tommorrow.called Again 12- 22 Oh Had Some Problems They Will Go Out Today.called Again On 1-2-09 Said We Had Battery Broblems They Will Ship Today. Evwntually 0n 1-9 -09 I Got My Gloves, They Worked For 1 Day Then The Batteries Broke. Called The Company On 1-12 They Said They Were Sorry I Will Ship You A New Set Today, I Have Them In Stock. Well After Another Week Goes By And Guess What? No Batteries. So I Called The Company And Said I Am Sending The Gloves Back. I Sent Them By Usps Sig. Required, They Got Them On 1-24. Well After 3 Calls To My Credit Crard Co. They Never Refunded My Card. Finally After Screaming At The Manager Today I Supposedly Got A Refund On My Credit Card. If This Is Routine Business For Them They Will Be Out Of Business In No Time. I Am Going To File A Complaint With Bbb.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 01-29-2009, 06:35 AM

Apart from erxray62's customer service issues, I'd shy away from any heated product that uses batteries (assuming the batteries get included!). The colder it is, the more you need heat and the faster the batteries drain. When they're dead, at best you have to stop and change them, at worst you freeze. Heated gloves and/or heated grips make a lot more sense.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

[SIZE="1"]Ride. Good.

2003 ST1300ABS
2008 Versys
IBA 59868

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 12:40 PM

Wow guys that sucks thanks for the heads up. It looked to be a clever idea. I did check the spec and you only get 5 hours on the lowest setting, only 1 hour on full.

Try www.gerbing.com, I've had their gear for 12+ years and its great. I did actually wear out the leather gloves-they still heated but the leather was disintegrating.

Also check out http://cozywinters.com/shop/wg-mhlg.html, I have a pair of their gloves now and they are excellent.

Whatever brand you decide, make sure you get the Heattroller-thermostat, it is essential to control the heat on the gloves and jacket if you go for both.

Its a 10 min job to wire the 12volt to the bike-take saddle off and go straight to the battery if you want to-that's what I did.

Warning, if you use a relay-you'll need a high voltage one or your heated gear won't work.

BTW Gerbing in just up the road from you in their new location Tumwater, you can try the stuff their and get fixed up easily. I've been there many times good people.

Machog

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 02-11-2009, 01:03 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via Yahoo to hellcatz
Wow...
Thanks for the good info!
So sorry you head to go through all that, though
Too bad it's such a crap product... seemed like such a great idea

I would be telling a similar story, too, I'm sure if I hadn't lost my job and decided that wasn't money I needed to spend.
I'll take another look at heated gear next winter.

Nate
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 09:06 AM

Hi!

I was looking around for new heated gloves in time for winter a few weeks ago, found this:

http://www.heated-gloves.com/

Gave them a try and they've been brill! Totally recommend them, they arrived really quickly after I ordered too.

Don't know if you're still looking for some, but hope that helps!
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 10:04 AM
psc

I used to buy heated stuff from Aerostich, but I now get them from Warm'n'Safe. Go there: www.12voltclothing.com

This guys really does have an unconditioned warranty on his stuff. I've sent a glove to him to reroute the heating element away from a knuckle. He did it in no time. His waterproof heated jacket, gloves and his new wireless controller are what I'm using right now. Log on to his site and claim to be an ADVRider, and he'll have discounted prices listed.

Peter
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 12:50 PM

+1 for Gerbing , industry leader in heated gear , great quality gear and lifetime warranty on the "heating elements " ---wires . Also have heard good things about warm'n'safe , but I have never used their products myself

** This space for rent **
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erxray62 View Post
This Company Sucks!!!! I Bought A Pair Of These On 12 -14-09. I Had To Pay $12.50 For 3 Day Shipping. I Called On 12 -19 They Told Me They Are Going Out Tommorrow.called Again 12- 22 Oh Had Some Problems They Will Go Out Today.called Again On 1-2-09 Said We Had Battery Broblems They Will Ship Today. Evwntually 0n 1-9 -09 I Got My Gloves, They Worked For 1 Day Then The Batteries Broke. Called The Company On 1-12 They Said They Were Sorry I Will Ship You A New Set Today, I Have Them In Stock. Well After Another Week Goes By And Guess What? No Batteries. So I Called The Company And Said I Am Sending The Gloves Back. I Sent Them By Usps Sig. Required, They Got Them On 1-24. Well After 3 Calls To My Credit Crard Co. They Never Refunded My Card. Finally After Screaming At The Manager Today I Supposedly Got A Refund On My Credit Card. If This Is Routine Business For Them They Will Be Out Of Business In No Time. I Am Going To File A Complaint With Bbb.
That's a lot of proper nouns.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shatrat View Post
That's a lot of proper nouns.

Ok THAT was funny!!

post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 12-16-2009, 07:12 AM

Send a message via AIM to versysred Send a message via Yahoo to versysred
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
Apart from erxray62's customer service issues, I'd shy away from any heated product that uses batteries (assuming the batteries get included!). The colder it is, the more you need heat and the faster the batteries drain. When they're dead, at best you have to stop and change them, at worst you freeze. Heated gloves and/or heated grips make a lot more sense.
I sort of agree with you but at the same time disagree. It all depends on what kind of batteries are used if they are ni-cd than yes weather will effect them if they are lithium-ion than they rarely ever get effected by weather.
Personally I would still like wired gloves but some say wait for battery powered ones. As much as I ride I would just stick to wired.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode