post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-05-2018, 10:47 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Sena or Cardio, which is better, eh?

onewizard likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 01:26 AM

Garage
He is WAY BETTER than the smooth talking used car salesmanlike guy at Revzilla.
otto_versys_blotto likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Jeff Reichel Palmer, ALASKA
1 Tim 6:11-12 "FIGHT the GOOD Fight"
There is no inappropriate temperature to ride a motorcycle…just inappropriate layers of protection.
2011 ADVersys
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

92 FATBOY (in rebuild status)
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:04 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaJeff View Post
He is WAY BETTER than the smooth talking used car salesmanlike guy at Revzilla.
Agree 100% Plus he's actually honest. When I watch a Revzilla review, it's impossible for them to say anything negative about the product.

2010 Aprilia Shiver 750 "Ruthy"
2018 Kawasaki Versys 650LT ABS "Lucy"

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by otto_versys_blotto View Post
Agree 100% Plus he's actually honest. When I watch a Revzilla review, it's impossible for them to say anything negative about the product.
To be fair the guys at Revzilla are salesmen and I have watched a few where they have been critical with an aspect of a product but yeah, generally very effusive.
otto_versys_blotto likes this.

Last edited by Turk; 07-06-2018 at 10:57 AM.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-06-2018, 10:49 AM

Garage
Great Review. I've been using Cardio Products since 2010 but most people i know buy the Sena's. I've have a Cardio PackTalk and really like it its much slimmer than they use to be and its way smaller than the Sena's. I have a buddy that also has one and the Mesh Feature works fantastic. I mostly ride by myself so really the PackTalk is way more than i really need but hey what the hell. I tried to steer the oldest boy toward the Scalas but he bought the newest Sena's like his buddies....

P1020103 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-12-2018, 08:27 PM

I just got a Freecom 4 from Scala/cardo myself. I haven't even had it on a 30 minute ride yet so no idea how I like it, but at home on the couch, it works great.

I will say that the button functions listed on their website don't match what I have to do to skip forward, backward or pause my music when its playing. Per Cardo, 1 press will play or pause. For me, if its already playing, 1 press skips ahead. 3 clicks should backtrack, but on for me, its only 2 clicks. Newest firmware and all. I think they messed up somewhere.

If I ever try a Sena, I'll let you know.
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by notyou83 View Post
I just got a Freecom 4 from Scala/cardo myself. I haven't even had it on a 30 minute ride yet so no idea how I like it, but at home on the couch, it works great.

I will say that the button functions listed on their website don't match what I have to do to skip forward, backward or pause my music when its playing. Per Cardo, 1 press will play or pause. For me, if its already playing, 1 press skips ahead. 3 clicks should backtrack, but on for me, its only 2 clicks. Newest firmware and all. I think they messed up somewhere.

If I ever try a Sena, I'll let you know.

Well, if I should ever notice couches on the roads around DFW I'll know your communicators are working great! I could have said the very same thing about the Sena S20s we bought last spring. Fortunately they work well on the road too. But the image of couches racing down, or up, the road is amusing.
crosshairs likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 02:42 PM

Garage
Im pretty happy with my Sena S20. my buddies all have them and we have no trouble with pairing them all up. we do 4 and 6 way conversations with ease....well. except when we all interrupt each other....

I also like the way I can play music in the background and still keep talking to others or get instructions from my GPS without having one fight the other..its really pretty seamless

2016 green V1K
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 04:27 PM

Garage
RyanF9's videos are awesome. He's not afraid to say something is way overpriced or a piece of crap.
Jay_Chicago likes this.

I don't care what you ride, just ride.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-13-2018, 07:12 PM

I have a Sena 20S and it works like a charm! REALLY like RyanF9 videos, he's brutally honest, funny and all videos are well produced. It's #1 on my youtube subscribed list.
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-14-2018, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by james75 View Post
RyanF9's videos are awesome. He's not afraid to say something is way overpriced or a piece of crap.
-

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode