22Likes
  • 15 Post By Kyle E
  • 2 Post By Kyle E
  • 1 Post By 16VGTIDave
  • 3 Post By Lurch71
  • 1 Post By unstable_rider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 08:43 AM Thread Starter

Caught another DUI Driver. Buy a headset.

Sena headset is probably the best investment in gear I have made.
Last night on the way home, I notice the beer bottle and thought.... no, no one is that stupid. Then I see him take a drink, yep, Carona bottle.
Had to follow him about 15 miles till the traffic officer caught up with us and made the arrest.

Without the Sena headset this guy would have got away.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 11:23 AM

Good job getting the drunk off the road!

Does your Sena have the built in camera? If so, are you happy with the camera?
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-04-2018, 12:14 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fly-Sig View Post
Good job getting the drunk off the road!

Does your Sena have the built in camera? If so, are you happy with the camera?
No the setup Im using is a GoPro and then a sena with it. Not connected together in anyway the camera audio just happened to pick up the audio until I closed my shield.

For equipment its a GoPro Hero 3+silver because that's the style that takes the best extended batteries. They make a type that replaces the battery and extends it. I can get 8 hours of recording at 1080 30FPS and about 6 at 60FPS on one battery. So its good for all day goofing around town and not having to turn it off or anything.

The Sena is a 20 Evo. I like it a lot. Some learning curve but got it all figured out after a few days. Most important thing I think is setting the speed dial and not relying on Siri or Android assistant thing to dial for you. That was real spotty. Works great for most voice commands, but some reason doesn't like to dial my phone reliably. You can do 3 speed dials so programmed 911, girlfriends cell, and work. That is also quick to change in the phone app so before a trip or whatever it wouldn't be a big deal to change them to another number.

BTW this is the battery pack for the gopro. Its great because its not like the other ones that hook into the cameras computer and are unreliable in switching on. The camera just reads it as a normal battery and doesn't require any BS to get it to kick on like the other ones do.
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00O3H05IS
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m1.jpg (57.5 KB, 69 views)
unstable_rider and Fly-Sig like this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 07:37 AM

Garage
I would guess this would be a nightly occurrence in Vegas.

Be safe.

My Versys Travels:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 09:39 AM

Garage
Nicely done! I haven't nabbed any drunks, but have reported many distracted (texting, phone calling, etc.) drivers. Seems that around here nobody wants to put their phone away while driving. Yet I can do everything they are doing, hands free while riding, simply by using voice commands. There is no excuse.
Kyle E likes this.

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheeladdict View Post
I would guess this would be a nightly occurrence in Vegas.

Be safe.
Im only in Vegas once a month for a 5-7 days for work. In the past 6 months, Ive caught 4.
First one just went to trial. His seventh conviction. 4 years in jail for this one. I was on my pedal bike at 5 am had to chase him 5 miles and pull him out of the car and hold him. He was straight up going to kill someone. Passed out at a light through 9 greens, up on the curb making turns, hit a parked car.... Couldn't stand long enough to do the field test.

Other 2 lady blew a red light next to me (Leave the bike in gear and ready to move looking at your mirrors at red lights folks)
Ill post that video here. Then I ran into a guy that had just looped his brand new mustang on a freeway entrance ramp.

This was number 2. The light the white car goes through here had been red for over a min.

post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-05-2018, 10:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle E View Post
Sena headset is probably the best investment in gear I have made.
Last night on the way home, I notice the beer bottle and thought.... no, no one is that stupid. Then I see him take a drink, yep, Carona bottle.
Had to follow him about 15 miles till the traffic officer caught up with us and made the arrest.

Without the Sena headset this guy would have got away.

https://youtu.be/SxNmubztDDk
You have saved countless lives my friend. Good work!
onewizard, weljo2001 and Kyle E like this.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 11:01 AM

Garage
BTW - Who do you call when you see these Bozo's? 911 ??
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-07-2018, 03:32 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbyGuy View Post
BTW - Who do you call when you see these Bozo's? 911 ??
Yeah 911 for sure.

If I had more options I might program in something like *NHP (Highway Patrol) Lets you skip the 911 operator and get right to the NHP dispatcher. Would save possible wait time along with getting right to the person typing info to the Trooper with no relay in between. But you would have to know if you were in their jurisdiction or not. So that would be of limited use.

If I had a 4th speed dial option I put in 311 (non emergency in most places). You could call to report a traffic light out or something of that nature. But Sena only allows 3 and 911, girlfriend, work have to occupy those.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 04-18-2018, 08:05 PM
Super Moderator

EXCELLENT. There should be a $$$ bounty on them!
Kyle E likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode