Sena - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:03 AM Thread Starter

Sena

I currently have a Sena 10u in a Schuberth C3 pro. Iím looking for something similar for my Shoei RF1200. More interested in music and being able to take calls.

60% of the time, it works every time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 08:22 AM

sena

I've been using the Sena 10r and have been happy with the results.
It may have been cheaper to teach the voices to sing though.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 11:41 AM

Garage
I've used the older Sena SMH5's for several years and now use the Sena 10S's. They both play music very well and allow me to make and receive calls. I use Pandora on my smartphone and easily start music by vocalizing "Open Pandora".

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 01:08 PM

Garage
Lexin LX-B2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurch71 View Post
I currently have a Sena 10u in a Schuberth C3 pro. I’m looking for something similar for my Shoei RF1200. More interested in music and being able to take calls.
I'd go with one of the big brands like Cardo or Sena if it is a main helmet but a no name unit if just used occasionally for passenger/back up use. Lot's of comparison videos from places like FortNine and Revzilla on youtube.

I have a Lexin LX-B2, a no name brand I recently purchased off of AliExpress for a fraction of the cost of a Sena SHM 10 for a passenger/secondary helmet. It has all the basic intercom and phone features of my older SHM 10 and performs just as well although I miss the JOG dial of my Sena. What looks like a big dial in the picture is just a big push button. The volume buttons are on the top.

None of the intercom units come with great speakers. If you want better sound quality remove the speakers from a cheap $20 pair of Sony or similar over the ear headphones and attach/solder them to your bluetooth unit.

Last edited by twowheels; 03-16-2018 at 01:16 PM.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 02:19 PM

Garage
I have a Scala PackTalk. Way over-kill for what i need. You might look at the Q-Solo or the Freedom Line from Scala..http://cardosystems.com .Usually cheaper to get on Amazon...

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-16-2018, 06:18 PM Thread Starter

I went to Cycle Gear in Huntington Beach and bought the Sena 20s dual pack. It was on close out for $369..... regular price was $569. Both units come paired and they installed in the store for free. Took about 10 minutes.

60% of the time, it works every time
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode