What motorcycle jeans/pants have you tried and recommend? - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 06:21 AM Thread Starter

Garage
What motorcycle jeans/pants have you tried and recommend?

• Sliders Kevlar Jeans - fit VERY strangely with huge legs that have similar diameter to waist, do not stand up well in wash
  • Klim Outrider Pants - current favorite, perfect fit, basically Carhartt work pants with a more trim cut and made of heavy but soft abrasion resistant Cordura canvas with D3O armor in knees and hips, they seem very protective with double knees, reasonable price for what you get, look good
  • Brosh Cargo Pants - cheapest of the bunch if you have thin to normal legs and not too much of a gut. Lightweight cargo pants with Kevlar liner sewn in, cheap online but knee armor is extra, no hip armor, very comfortable to wear in hot weather. These should protect your legs from rash better than jeans but do not have the other protection of the Klim's or Olympia X Moto.
  • Olympia X Moto Pants - true textile motorcycle pants, my cold weather and touring standby, very heavy cordura which makes them too heavy IMO as over pants but excellent as stand alone motorcycle pants, vents on front of leg flow air in heat, with rain liner and appropriate base layer are warm down to 0C. Have had these for several years and ridden probably ~15,000km in them. They are still going strong and have stood up very well with little sign of wear.

Fastoman and 16VGTIDave like this.

Last edited by twowheels; 02-20-2018 at 06:51 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 07:19 AM

Garage
Hey, Two Wheels, I see that you live at 24 Sussex Drive ( 45.444348 N -75.693934 W.) And all this time we have been unaware that our PM rides a Versys and has a forum presence here. Wow!
But I thought you moved and the dump was being renovated? Or is that where you garage the bike?
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:31 AM

I've been riding primarily in Aerostich Darien and the similar AD-1 pants since mid-1990s. Great all-weather, waterproof Gore-Tex lined pants that can be worn from 0F to 100+F. Expandable for layering in the cold. Expensive but a great investment.

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 09:45 AM

I use to live in NC down the street from Draggin jeans .Also have a couple pair of coretech cpx cargo pants that I like.
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 10:29 AM

I have been wearing a pair of Aerostich AD-1 pants for approx 15 years and am completely satisfied with them. They are a great 3 season waterproof pant.
For hot weather riding I wear a Alpinestars mesh pant.
16VGTIDave likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2008 Versys-sold
2016 Yamaha FJ-09
1988 Honda Hawk GT NT650

Truth
It is more important now than ever.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 12:07 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Smiley View Post
Hey, Two Wheels, I see that you live at 24 Sussex Drive ( 45.444348 N -75.693934 W.) And all this time we have been unaware that our PM rides a Versys and has a forum presence here. Wow!
But I thought you moved and the dump was being renovated? Or is that where you garage the bike?
Just call me Steve, they've been trying to get me to move out since the election of October 2015. Andrew Scheer won't let me sleep on his couch at Stornoway .

Last edited by twowheels; 02-20-2018 at 12:13 PM.
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-20-2018, 01:53 PM

In cold weather I wear the Scaldare mesh pants by Slider with the rain liner in, and I wear my Dianese armor equipped tights underneath. Slightly warmer the tights under my Slider cargo pants - love having all that pocket space! Then warmer the tights go away and out come my Forcefield knee tubes under the Slider cargo pants. Hot weather, the Scaldare mesh pants with knee tubes and hip protection in the mesh pants. Except for the hottest of hot weather, my Forcefield armor shirt is on top with some jacket combo. ATGATT is my motto.

Forty years away from 2 wheel fun. Sure is great to be back smelling the roses!!!
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

I have and use several pair of Tourmaster VENTURE pants, mesh and not-mesh, as well as Frank Thomas - ALL armored of course. Plus leather BiLT pants from Cycle Gear.

I RECOMMEND any of them!
Dork in the Road and KBeck72 like this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 11:41 AM

Just recently switched to Dainese Delta C2 Pro perforated pants. Absolutely loving the protection, look, and fit. I probably look a tidge odd cruising around on the V in track-focused pants, but they're sure comfy.

2009 Kawasaki Versys -- Lovin' it!
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 03:00 PM

Garage
Only ever used the Draggin Jeans. Main reason I bought them was that they had lots of measurements on their website about how they fit. Most others just had waist and inseam and I wasn't going to trust that they'd fit. I have bigger legs compared to my waist so couldn't take the chance.

--------------------------------
2008 Kawasaki Versys 650

Barkbuster Storm Guards
SW Motech Riser Block
Givi D405ST Windscreen
post #11 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 04:36 PM

Klim Latitude pants (& jacket) - which replaced an earlier set that didn't survive a tumble at 110 kph - but protected me well (they were cut off me in ED!).
I'd switched to Klim from Draggin' jeans (no armour) after a 'coming together' with a Ute in suburbia, and while the Draggins were good for skidding/rolling on the tarmac, no armour worried me - and there was MCL damage to my knee.
The Klim Goretex, and good design, means they're great in hot weather (40 deg C thus far), and easy to fit base layers in cooler weather (down to -2 deg C thus far).

FarRider#89; IBA#45911; Versys 650 ABS 2015; Triumph Tiger 900 ('93).
Newcastle Australia
post #12 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 06:42 PM

Rev'it Tornado mesh most of the year, super comfortable and well armored. One complaint is the rain liner is also the warm liner, so too hot for warm weather use.

Winter commute, I recently bought a pair of Tourmaster overpants with full side zips - actually a pretty awesome buy at $150, really warm, tested waterproof (steady rain, 45 minute commute), no regrets. They have foam hip protection, but CE knee and lots of Cordura. A bit baggy, but they're overpants. On and off in about 2 minutes.
Dork in the Road likes this.

Ride more, bitch less - secret to good life!
post #13 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-21-2018, 08:05 PM

I have a pair of Drayko Drift riding jeans. They run big and have a long inseam. I usually wear a 36-38 waist. I wear a 34 waist in these.

60% of the time, it works every time
post #14 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 09:28 AM

Mostly use Carhartt double front and put in D30 kneepads in them. Warm enough for Vegas winters.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000FXW4VK...ter_B002G9U6XY
post #15 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-22-2018, 11:05 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by PHX_Joe View Post
Winter commute, I recently bought a pair of Tourmaster overpants with full side zips - actually a pretty awesome buy at $150, really warm, tested waterproof (steady rain, 45 minute commute), no regrets. They have foam hip protection, but CE knee and lots of Cordura. A bit baggy, but they're overpants. On and off in about 2 minutes.
I've had a pair of tourmaster pants for 6 years. they can be a little warm on a summer day in Denver, but work well and keep me dry. A lot of my day trips are up into the high country, and they have enough vents to make it a pleasant ride. I wish they looked a little less like snowmobile pants, though.

I also have a pair of 'sliders' brand khaki riding pants with kevlar inserts. They fit me pretty well, but trying to get the knee protection to line up is almost impossible. I wear them mainly for commuting to work in the summer.

'09 Versys
post #16 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 06:59 AM

Dainese Bonneville... fit great (I'm fairly tall and skinny), look like regular jeans, but have Kevlar everywhere and optional pads which are pretty comfortable. Very happy with my pair.
post #17 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-26-2018, 03:35 PM

Cool

For the past 15 years +/-, during cooler weather rides (autumn and spring), I wear Cycloak pants (very comfortable, lots of protection, waterproof, etc.). These were manufactured by Reima who now concentrates on making snowmobile suits.

For warmer weather rides, I wear Revits mesh riding pants.

ATGATT.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.
post #18 of 25 (permalink) Old 02-28-2018, 09:11 PM

Garage
I have a pair of Tourmaster Overpants for cool to cold weather riding. They're very warm and waterproof as hell. I've never felt a drop through them. I even wore them for some muddy dual sport trail riding a month or so ago and I stayed warm and dry all day, even after a couple impromptu dismounts.

Last summer I was lucky enough to pick up a pair of Tourmaster Venture Air Mesh Pants at a swap meet in my size for 20 bucks! They're my go-to summer pant now.

post #19 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-03-2018, 10:47 PM

I picked up a pair of these at Harbor Freight...I mean Cycle Gear about 6 years ago. They are super comfortable in a wide range of temps.

Got them on sale for a buck 20.

If and when they wear out I will grab another pair.

https://www.cyclegear.com/gear/bilt-spirit-pants

Cookin Wid Gas

2015 V-650 of course it's green...it's a Kazawalski.
post #20 of 25 (permalink) Old 03-11-2018, 11:30 AM

Garage
I'm trying to find some pants that won't break the bank. I'm looking a the dogs of war pants. But I really don't want to drop $150. I've been looking at some Bilt options that are $70-80, but I haven't been impressed by Bilt's quality in the past. (I have a leather jacket that's majorly got structural issues.)

Any thoughts on a sub-$150, save pant. My requirements are armor and kevlar - I don't particularly care what they look like. Thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode