Bags - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Bags

I am currently looking for a small tank bag, all it needs to hold is my phone. I was told because of my medical condition I should have a clear window where I could put an in case of emergency information. This way if anything was to happen they would have a list of all my doctors, medication, and allergies to meds. and phone number to my family. I would also like a tail bag that has a backrest for the driver and has side bags to attach to it. I am not sure if they are even available but I hope someone has seen them or has tried them on a versys 650.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:05 PM

Garage
https://www.amazon.com/Saddlemen-350.../dp/B008BYQ240

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:08 PM

Garage
????? ..https://www.bikersfriend.com

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2018, 11:15 PM

Garage
I have one of these.....https://www.amazon.com/Saddlemen-351...dlemen+luggage .In the photo below the bag was used with a set of soft saddle bags and i strapped another bag on top of the saddlemens bags and a jacket or 2 on top of all of it...

IMG_0135 by weljo2001, on Flickr

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 07:49 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkridia View Post
I am currently looking for a small tank bag, all it needs to hold is my phone. I was told because of my medical condition I should have a clear window where I could put an in case of emergency information. This way if anything was to happen they would have a list of all my doctors, medication, and allergies to meds. and phone number to my family. I would also like a tail bag that has a backrest for the driver and has side bags to attach to it. I am not sure if they are even available but I hope someone has seen them or has tried them on a versys 650.
Bags that attach with a tank ring offer the best attachment method. Easy to clip on and off and secure. I have the Givi 3d 603.

All Klim jackets have a medical info pocket on the left cuff that is labeled as such.
post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 08:32 AM

An alternative: Aerostich HD Sleeve Window Pocket :: Aerostich Motorcycle Jackets, Suits, Clothing, & Gear

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2018, 09:49 AM

I picked up an eBay cheapie (from China of course) that is exactly what you described. It's marked as an "Alpinstar" but I do believe it's just a knock-off. Held on with magnets that could be stronger.......$29 if I remember correctly. Takes about 6 weeks to get it.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2018, 08:00 PM

Iíve been looking for a small, low-profile tank bag too. This Cortech one looks just about right for me.

http://https://www.revzilla.com/moto...ro-20-tank-bag
mc8404 likes this.

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:43 AM

Garage
Ryan F9 suggests putting a medical sticker on the lower rear portion of your helmet because paramedics tend to remove clothing, do not look for phones, but do take the helmet to help assess head/neck injuries.

Source: How to Save a Motorcyclist's Life - First Aid ft. Paramedic on YouTube
I can't link because my post count isn't high enough.
Devilsfan likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:39 AM
Super Moderator

For medical tag, best to use one around your neck and one on your jacket. I use BMC all weather jacket and at the end of the arm is a medical card pouch with all details for emergency use.
Brockie and Devilsfan like this.
post #11 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 02:52 AM
Super Moderator

Tank bag and back bag which act to support by back..

My BMC jacket.

Last edited by Fastoman; 01-23-2019 at 02:54 AM. Reason: attach image
post #12 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:34 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arkridia View Post
Your phone should always be on your person. There was a guy several years ago that wrecked and was separated from his bike. He was out of view from the roadway and his injuries prevented him from getting to his bike and phone. He was alert and could have called for help had his phone been on his person. It was several hours before he was found.

Some jackets have "ICE" pockets clearly labeled with the emergency symbol. https://www.aerostich.com/emergency-...-pocket-2.html

Here is a thread on ADV showing what some people keep in their Jacket pockets.

https://advrider.com/f/threads/what-...ockets.809654/

I keep an emergency whistle and waterproof matches in a waterproof compass case on my person when ADV riding.

My Versys Travels:

post #13 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 08:54 AM

Another option to consider would be a digital medical tag.
post #14 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 12:55 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fastoman View Post
WHERE do YOU fit on there...?

Fastoman likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #15 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 01:40 PM

[quote=Fastoman;1604141]

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

Funny I was thinking the same thing... I bet he lays across the top Superman style, +1 for aerodynamics!
Fastoman likes this.
post #16 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 07:14 PM

Garage
Always keep such information on you and highlighted should it ever be needed. Your phone and GPS Personal Locator Beacon likewise. PLB's are highly recommended here for outback travelers.
Just recently four people (including a baby) died when their car broke down on an isolated Northern Territory road. One man attempted to walk for help and died of thirst on the side of the road. The other three died in the broken down car.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #17 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-23-2019, 09:02 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by fasteddiecopeman View Post

[quote=Heywood;1604195]
Quote:

Funny I was thinking the same thing... I bet he lays across the top Superman style, +1 for aerodynamics!
Good one guys....it was parked for a much need rest after a long solo ride form Thailand. Bag goes on the tank and helmet on my head..enough space to rest by butt..
post #18 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 09:38 AM

The iPhone has an emergency function to auto-call for help. https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208076

5 quick presses of the power button activates it. You set it up to in the preferences to also send text messages if you want to. Mine is set up to send texts to all my adult children. This function is also an excellent stealth SOS since you don't have to even look at the phone. If you're somewhere a robbery is happening, or a fire, or you're under debris after a car accident or earthquake, etc.

The newer iPhones have a slightly different SOS function requiring you to hold down the side button and one of the volume buttons for a few seconds.

You can also set up an SOS function on an iWatch.

I have a laminated emergency contact card in my wallet which sits on top of the credit cards, so it is immediately visible to an emergency responder looking for my ID.

I use an armband window pocket ID holder to carry my parking pass for work. I also use it sometimes to carry simplified route directions. Honestly, though, an armband doesn't ride on a jacket very well. If it was sewn to the jacket it would be great. In an accident there would be a high likelihood of the armband ripping free and not being immediately seen by emergency responders, so it would not be my first choice of location for important medical information. Not to mention I have lost an armband once in a parking lot because it isn't sewn to the jacket.

Last edited by Fly-Sig; 01-24-2019 at 10:20 AM.
post #19 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-24-2019, 11:48 AM
Super Moderator

[quote=Fastoman;1604243]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heywood View Post

Good one guys....it was parked for a much need rest after a long solo ride form Thailand. Bag goes on the tank and helmet on my head..enough space to rest by butt..
DARN!

I guess NOW I should go back and delete my "question"....

Fastoman likes this.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

post #20 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-25-2019, 11:39 PM
Super Moderator

[quote=fasteddiecopeman;1604337]
Quote:

DARN!

I guess NOW I should go back and delete my "question"....

no worries..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode