Ebay/AliExpress/Amazon finds - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 10:49 PM Thread Starter

Garage
Ebay/AliExpress/Amazon finds

I don't think this has been done before. As everyone who has ordered motorcycle stuff directly from China knows it's a bit like the lottery, some stuff is occasionally complete junk and sometimes you hit the jackpot and find stuff that is brand name quality but at a small fraction of the price. Post your Ebay/AliExpress/Amazon type mail order finds here......
quexpress likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-18-2018 at 11:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 10:54 PM Thread Starter

Garage
aux brake light

Just got this license plate frame off of Ebay for about $20CDN/$16US shipped. Well made although may require a squeeze of silicone sealant to make completely waterproof where wires enter frame. LED Light has two modes norm and extra bright brake on modes. Approximately as bright as tail light with brakes on. A decent, economical option IMO if you're looking to put some extra braking visibility on your bike.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg license plate frame.jpg (24.3 KB, 394 views)
Brockie likes this.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-18-2018 at 11:39 PM.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-18-2018, 11:05 PM Thread Starter

Garage
valve stems

Available in a multitude of coordinating colors and costing less than a cup of Starbucks coffee for a pair including "express" (slow freighter) shipping from China (~2 months to arrive). The angled valve stem makes putting air in your front tire, and avoiding the brake disks, a lot easier, especially if you have a cheap compressor that has to screw onto the valve stem. As far as I can tell these are the same ones the dealership is asking $25/pr for. I've had mine for a season. So far they have not required extra balancing weights, leaked air or corroded. 11mm is the size required for the Versys rims.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg valve.jpg (16.5 KB, 380 views)
crosshairs and versysleo like this.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-18-2018 at 11:28 PM.

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 11:57 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Versys 650 rear fender / hugger - ebay

Half the price of the Givi and similar quality

Attached Images
File Type: jpg v fender.jpg (55.5 KB, 371 views)
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 01:21 PM

Links would help. :^)

2015 Versys 650 ABS
AMA, MSTA, Retreads

Nat'l Cycle "Sport-Touring" screen; Givi hand guards; BMW Sport Grips; Omni-Cruise throttle lock; Motowerk mirror extenders, side stand foot & highway pegs; Denali Mini Soundbomb horn; SW-Motech top rack, Quick-Lock Evo side racks, wide foot pegs & GPS shelf; Givi E-22 side cases & V-47 top case; RKA 13L Shiloh Road tank bag; Hyper-Lites; Sargent seat; Shoodaben ECU reflash; decalectomy.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twowheels View Post
Half the price of the Givi and similar quality

Only $36.09!
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Motorcycle-...xaOTOS&vxp=mtr
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 04:19 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
the way the china knock offs work is this (at least for tools)... big name designs something then send plans off to china for parts to be made , for that molds and presses have to be made, they have a limited life span of how meany they can make before the quality gets below the company quality line but those molds can still make the parts so why throw them away? they pump out parts with them till the molds brake and put the ones that dont meat the name brand quality and put a knock off name on them and sell them half the price. some times you get lucky and get one from right when the molds and what not are being taken off the name brand line some times you get something out of one that has been used five times its life span and its junk. if you are going to buy knock off stuff do it wisely, do it on a site that ALWAYS sides with the buyer (like ebay) im the king of only buying the cheap knock off stuff (im cheap AF) and ive always had good luck with ebay when the item arrives and is complete crap or broken on delivery, ive always gotten a replacement or refund (in a couple cases only a part refund)......

as a matter of fact i just got in some handle bar mount switches i like to use, a simple on off switch (mainly meant to be a kill switch i think) but great for aux lights, aux power, headlight kill switch, or what ever. and only $1

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Universal-M...72.m2749.l2649

never had an issue with one even when riding in the rain and offroad

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 05:26 PM

Garage

https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Roller-A...72.m2749.l2649 AU$29.26

There are pages of "step" type adjustable levers available but these were the only ones I could find that were Roller adjustable. Any color combination you want. Not shorties but 1" shorter than OEM.
A direct perfect swap and perfect machining and finish.

2017 Kawasaki Versys-X 300; 2010 Suzuki V-Strom 650; 1988 Suzuki GSXR1100J
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-19-2018, 10:30 PM

Garage
Thumbs up

I recently bought a cheap communicator called a BT S2. The quality seems good, the install was easy,the sound
quality is very good. The FM radio works well. Easy to pair with my phone. Also easy to pair with my Sena
20S. Amazing bit of kit for $32. I'll be buying another one I'm sure. Sorry, no photos.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 07:16 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by silviefox View Post
the way the china knock offs work is this (at least for tools)... big name designs something then send plans off to china for parts to be made , for that molds and presses have to be made, they have a limited life span of how meany they can make before the quality gets below the company quality line but those molds can still make the parts so why throw them away? they pump out parts with them till the molds brake and put the ones that dont meat the name brand quality and put a knock off name on them and sell them half the price. some times you get lucky and get one from right when the molds and what not are being taken off the name brand line some times you get something out of one that has been used five times its life span and its junk.
You may be right, but a more likely scenario is that some big company buys the China parts,puts their name on it and charges 10 times more.

The above angled valve stems are a perfect example..I have the Chinese version that I paid $2.25 shipped for..yes $2.25...my buddy has the Motion pro ones..he paid $23.95..they are EXACTLY the same right down to the markings...we still laugh about tit...well, I do anyway, he doesn't see the humor..
weljo2001, silviefox and Brockie like this.

2016 green V1K
post #11 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 12:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by crosshairs View Post
The above angled valve stems are a perfect example..I have the Chinese version that I paid $2.25 shipped for..yes $2.25...my buddy has the Motion pro ones..he paid $23.95..they are EXACTLY the same right down to the markings...we still laugh about tit...well, I do anyway, he doesn't see the humor..
$2.25 shipped is INSANE! I've encountered the same pricing on various small computer connectors. How in the world is this possible?? If I wanted to send the same thing to China, the cost of shipping alone would probably be 10 bucks!!
post #12 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 03:12 PM

Garage
Quote:
You may be right, but a more likely scenario is that some big company buys the China parts,puts their name on it and charges 10 times more.

Yep i got those valve stems months back. Just waiting to put new tires on. Will be ordering the Michelin Road 5's here shortly. I'll buy certain cheap items but I'll spend money on my tires...

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #13 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 03:44 PM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbyGuy View Post
$2.25 shipped is INSANE! I've encountered the same pricing on various small computer connectors. How in the world is this possible?? If I wanted to send the same thing to China, the cost of shipping alone would probably be 10 bucks!!

Yeah, I have no idea how they do it....granted they take 3-4 weeks to get here but still it seems impossible...
and I just checked my purchase history, and they are up to $2.89 now..but that is still nuts....

https://www.ebay.com/p/90-Degree-CNC....c100005.m1851
weljo2001 likes this.

2016 green V1K
post #14 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 06:29 PM

Garage
Send a message via Skype™ to silviefox
Quote:
Originally Posted by KnobbyGuy View Post
its the difference between import and export and the power of loopholes (ever notice anything you get comes thru customs as a "gift" not as merchandise)

yes im a guy.
Silvie=latin for. Of the forest /woods. Fox= Vulpine (also my middle name)

"closed mindedness causes bliss in simple minded people"
post #15 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 07:23 PM

Garage
Quote:

I bought exactly the same, except that mine are not anodised black, at the local tyre shop for $18 when I was having new tyres fitted to my Suzuki V-Strom six years ago. In 65K they have never caused a problem, and make checks at the gas station much easier. Always fit them pointing to the right.
crosshairs likes this.

post #16 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-20-2018, 07:42 PM

Garage
Quote:
Yeah, I have no idea how they do it....granted they take 3-4 weeks to get here but still it seems impossible...
and I just checked my purchase history, and they are up to $2.89 now..but that is still nuts....

https://www.ebay.com/p/90-Degree-CNC....c100005.m1851
Cheap labor, a dog eat dog economy, no social services, no aged pension. For small items I usually buy a spare and also see if I can buy something else from the same vendor.
Do you appreciate how important the feedback rating is to them? I once ordered a couple of sidestand foot extenders one green and one gold and received them in blue and red. I did not have the heart to complain - even after they sent 3 messages asking me to provide feedback for them. I am sure that had I complained they would have sent two more pieces in the correct colours.
We don't know how lucky we are.

post #17 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 05:41 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brockie View Post
Cheap labor, a dog eat dog economy, no social services, no aged pension. For small items I usually buy a spare and also see if I can buy something else from the same vendor.
Do you appreciate how important the feedback rating is to them? I once ordered a couple of sidestand foot extenders one green and one gold and received them in blue and red. I did not have the heart to complain - even after they sent 3 messages asking me to provide feedback for them. I am sure that had I complained they would have sent two more pieces in the correct colours.
We don't know how lucky we are.
For Chinese and for that mater Thai, Cambodian, etc. manufactured stuff to be as cheap as it is people are working on factory floors, sometimes in unsafe conditions, 7 days a week, 12 hours a day for barley enough money to afford the essentials of food and shelter at the end of the day. Much of it is sold under brand names however, at greatly inflated costs, by companies that outsource their manufacture and sometimes their design.

Last edited by twowheels; 01-21-2018 at 05:45 AM.
post #18 of 24 (permalink) Old 01-21-2018, 09:59 AM

Garage
FWIW, any Parts Unlimited dealer (US at least) should be able to get that type aluminum stem for $4-5 each, retail priced. They are packaged as K&S. We keep them on hand in addition to the standard rubber pull through variety.

.... Actually branded K&L, just did a quick search, didn't go in the system to look at a part # at the moment

Further edit and link....
http://asset.lemansnet.com/static/si...x.html?id=1054

Brad, Suwanee Ga.
'09 V650, several others too!

Last edited by Brad906; 01-21-2018 at 10:16 AM.
post #19 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:22 AM Thread Starter

Garage
Avoid: Generic bulbs on ebay from china at super low prices

I purchased some very cheap H7 incandescent bulbs off of eBay in bulk as both my bike and car use this size. It was a package of 6 for I think $10.

These seem to be bright and white on installation but after only a few hours use they fade to nothing and then burn out. They are not worth installing. Avoid would be my advice at this point.

I replaced these with generic bulbs I bought lose (without packaging) from a local auto parts store. These worked fine and were relatively cheap compared to the expense of branded bulbs in clamshell packs.
post #20 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 11:50 AM

Bought a tyre pressure monitor (Careud M3) from Aliexpress. First one came with a broken button, but I got a full refund after talking with the seller. So I ordered another one and this one worked fine. It's fairly accurate, compared to an analog gauge, and the battery life is fine (just had to load it up first time, two months after installing).
I haven't ridden with it in rain, but I have pressure-washed the bike (including the wheels and the central unit) and it still works. There's sometimes a bit of condensation visible on the back side of the LCD when the bike is taken out from a garage into bright sun but it goes away after a couple of minutes. The LCD itself is easily bright enough to be visible on a sunny day.

I've since bought another set for my second bike and it also works without issues, showing accurate pressures.

It also shows temperatures, it's fun to observe how much the temperature and pressure rises during a ride. Turns out, rear tyres heat up much quicker, the front one tends to stay much closer to ambient temperature during normal riding.

I can definitely recommend this farkle.
onewizard likes this.

2015 Versys 650
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode