Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #21 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-04-2019, 01:15 PM
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Big_Mac_ View Post
Bought a tyre pressure monitor (Careud M3) from Aliexpress. First one came with a broken button, but I got a full refund after talking with the seller. So I ordered another one and this one worked fine. It's fairly accurate, compared to an analog gauge, and the battery life is fine (just had to load it up first time, two months after installing).
I haven't ridden with it in rain, but I have pressure-washed the bike (including the wheels and the central unit) and it still works. There's sometimes a bit of condensation visible on the back side of the LCD when the bike is taken out from a garage into bright sun but it goes away after a couple of minutes. The LCD itself is easily bright enough to be visible on a sunny day.

I've since bought another set for my second bike and it also works without issues, showing accurate pressures.

It also shows temperatures, it's fun to observe how much the temperature and pressure rises during a ride. Turns out, rear tyres heat up much quicker, the front one tends to stay much closer to ambient temperature during normal riding.

I can definitely recommend this farkle.
How about $ and where you bought it.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 01:54 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by onewizard View Post
How about $ and where you bought it.
It's about $40.

The first one I bought from a store called "Belt Road Store". This unit was defective and came in a dented box but they gave me a full refund after some back and forth (having to explain it's not user error and that I've understood the manual) so I'm not dissuading.

The second and third units I bought from "Kris Car Store" and "Car Interior Accessoreis Online Store" (yes, there's a typo in that name). Both arrived in good condition and worked well straight from the box.

Notice that you sometimes get to chose the style of the wheel sensors - black or silver screw-on type or a through-rim type. I've only tried the screw-on types, I wasn't sure what would the battery life be on the internal sensor and how hard it'd be to replace it. The screw-on external sensors are a no-brainer to install and replacing batteries should be easy.
The main unit (with the display) is charged through micro USB.

2015 Versys 650

Last edited by _Big_Mac_; 06-05-2019 at 02:03 AM.
post #23 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 10:48 AM

Garage
I bought these chain brushes from Aliexpress. They are so inexpensive I ordered a half dozen of them and gave a few away to my buddies. They took a long time to arrive but it isn't exactly an emergency item. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Plas...AbTest=ae803_4

"I tell you, we are here on Earth to fart around, and don't let anybody tell you different." - Vonnegut

post #24 of 24 (permalink) Old 06-05-2019, 12:06 PM

I order a fair bit of stuff from China. Alot of it initially for my electric bike of which China are the leaders. Im a little torn in general though. They knock off anything that sells and in general its good stuff for a fraction of the price here. But the whole issue of respecting patent law,etc... I dont know. We are supporting an authoritarian govt. when we buy there. But alot of stuff thats sold here is stuff the vendor here buys from China,rebrands it and marks it up for N. America! So pick your poison.The concept of the sharing economy is what got the ball rolling. For instance, when music sharing online started it screwed all the mid level songwriters out of radio airplay royalties,just like that. Legit modern streaming services today pay only a fraction to the writers compared to pre internet days, a token amount. World-wide negotiated writers agreements were thrown into a blender. Dont like it you writers? Too bad! So we had to take a big haircut and live with it. Today, yea I shop for the best value. All the rest is above my pay grade.
onewizard and quexpress like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode