3Likes
  • 2 Post By fasteddiecopeman
  • 1 Post By Arion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 09:45 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
NEW boots...!

A friend back in BC had recommended the TCX EVO WP boots to me, so I've been watching for deals.

A couple of weeks back I was in a local Mesa dealership that was advertising a clearance sale, UP TO 80% off, so I looked at their boots, and saw TCX boots on sale at 50% off, $129 from $260, so I found my size, tried them on, and was really comfortable in them, so I brought out the credit card and bought them.

FIRST time I used them was on the recent http://www.kawasakiversys.com/forums...-oct-17-a.html ride I did over four days, some of them being VERY cold. I wore the boots over regular cotton sox, and my feet were supremely comfortable, and warm, altho' I DID have some problems keeping the 'buckles' from opening on their own - I BELIEVE it's related to the tension that you put onto the buckles, by how far you 'slide' them into the boot, but that's only a guess, and I have NOT tried out their claim to be waterproof.

I'm happy w/ them and would definitely give them a - - rating, for anyone wanting/needing "adventure-riding" boots. They have nicely "lugged" soles for when the going gets muddy....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg tcx_track_evowp_boots_grey_750x750.jpg (40.1 KB, 59 views)
AlaskaJeff and quexpress like this.

Ed
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC
Ride to D2D 2013, June '13

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Ride to D2D 2015, June '15

Ride to D2D 2016, June '16

Last edited by fasteddiecopeman; 11-08-2017 at 09:48 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 10:38 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Excellent buy. Impressive looking footwear. They appear to be rather heavy duty off-road types. Well, either that or Terminator Two boots. Can't tell from the photo.

I'm not a regular off-road rider, and haven't been for years (I have enough trouble staying upright on paved roads) and I've come to like Bates "tactical" boots very much. Although not made specifically for motorcycling, they are comfortable, very well constructed, sturdy, and extremely light. And I'm too old to be mistaken for Robo-Cop - or any other law enforcement hero type - meaning I don't get ribbed for wearing them.
aemacleod likes this.

Arion

"Plan? Plan! There ain't no plan."
Pig Killer, Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome

Last edited by Arion; 11-08-2017 at 10:40 AM.
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-08-2017, 02:46 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tactical boots

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
I've come to like Bates "tactical" boots very much. Although not made specifically for motorcycling, they are comfortable, very well constructed, sturdy, and extremely light. And I'm too old to be mistaken for Robo-Cop - or any other law enforcement hero type - meaning I don't get ribbed for wearing them.
Tactical boots are very comfortable. I've been wearing them for the past 4, 5 years and will continue doing so.

I still have a full deck.
I just shuffle slower.

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-09-2017, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arion View Post
Excellent buy. Impressive looking footwear. They appear to be rather heavy duty off-road types. Well, either that or Terminator Two boots. Can't tell from the photo.
ACTUALLY they are quite light in weight, if NOT in construction.

VG gear!

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 08:19 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Garage
I prefer to wear CE rated Motorcycle boots. For the past 3 seasons Alpinestars Toucan's have been my boots of choice. They have protected me when the bike has decided to stop and have a nap with my leg under it, from a piece of metal that came off a truck on the highway, and from a chunk of broken pavement bouncing down the road at me. In addition to their (highest level) safety ratings, they are guaranteed by Gore-Tex to be waterproof. In the past 60k km I've tested them in rain, torrential downpours, mud, swamps, crossing creeks, wading in lakes, and blizzard like conditions. And I've gone hiking in them.

As soon as this riding season is done, I'll be shipping the boots to Gore-Tex for testing and warranty replacement as they are no longer 100% waterproof. Both boots have developed leaks at the back of the heels. Not an issue in normal riding, but when standing in water they leak, so back they will go. Gore-Tex boots are one of the best purchases I've ever made. These are the second pair of boots I've had, and I only paid for the first. That makes them less expensive than buying other waterproof boots. Once I receive the next pair, they will be cheaper than buying non-waterproof boots!

2011 V650 in Black, well accessorized.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 11-10-2017, 02:36 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

an "accurate" weight...?

Just to see - I put the new boots on the bathroom scale (probably accurate w/in HALF a pound) which said they weigh 5 pounds for the pair.

BTW - they are NOT GoreTex.

Ed

'08 V AZ, '15 V650LT BC

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode