Summer gauntlet gloves - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-02-2012, 02:55 PM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Summer gauntlet gloves

I'm looking for a quality pair of summer gauntlet style gloves. Good protection is most important to me, followed by price.

Anyone have any suggestions for a) brand/model and b) where to buy them?

I searched the site and only came across threads that were a few years old, or at least that's all my tired eyes saw.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 12:10 AM

Good question. I've been in that market and haven't found the magic solution yet. Klim and Held have interesting offerings north of $200. Eeek!

2009 Kawasaki Versys
SWM Engine Guard; Windscreen de Jour on a MadStad bracket; Motowerk Peg Lowering kit & Stand Big Foot; ProTaper ATV Low bars; Stebel horn; KTM Duals Rear Rack; Coocase 36L topcase...and more to come

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 05:57 AM

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Garage
Heroic gloves get recommended a lot by the track riders I know and they crash in their gear fairly frequently. Currently on sale at ~50% off.

http://www.heroicracing.com/SP_R_PRO_S_p/hrasprpros.htm
http://www.heroicracing.com/SPR_PRO_s/4.htm

Last edited by twowheels; 07-03-2012 at 06:10 AM.

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 06:25 AM

Not a summer glove but I've been using my Firstgear Carbon heated gloves (minus the power of course). 102 degrees and I was fine.

They are thin enough to be a viable all year round glove. Also nice when the temperatures fluctuate. I went into work at 55 degrees and came home boiling in my gear at 98 degrees. Hands were pretty much all that wasn't drenched in sweat.

I got mine at bikebandit.com for about 158$

"Why do I ride?"

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 04:33 PM

no gauntlets, but i've been riding with these A* gloves for the past week. they are comfy, well-built and seem nearly as protective as my old road racer gauntlets, but are far cooler.

In a world full of people, only some want to ride. Isn't that crazy?
Seal/CRAZY/misquoted

=>
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-03-2012, 11:08 PM

Held Air Hero Gloves. I'm using mine currently on a 5500 mile jaunt around the country... It's been as high as 110 degrees over multiple days and the gloves are just what the doctor ordered. ($129)

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by genehil View Post
Held Air Hero Gloves. I'm using mine currently on a 5500 mile jaunt around the country... It's been as high as 110 degrees over multiple days and the gloves are just what the doctor ordered. ($129)
Nice find! Thanks!
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-04-2012, 11:41 AM

Helimot F108 Summer Motorcycle Glove

Take a look at these. I have a pair of their Buffalo Pros that I like. I am considering getting their summer gloves also.

https://shop.helimot.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=28
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-10-2012, 07:53 AM

Been riding with HELD Airstreams for 3 months now in the FL heat - they flow a ton of air (have panty hose-like mesh between the fingers) and offer decent protection (Kevlar liner and hard knuckle protection). When you release the grip and spread your fingers, even slightly - there is a blast of cool air that pushes through the glove.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 08-13-2012, 10:30 AM

HI Racefan, Timely topic, I'm in the market too now since I somehow mis-placed (lost) my summer gloves a few weeks ago. I have finally given up the search and now am researching what to buy next. I'm looking at these "Cortech Latigo RR Gloves" at Revzilla. I have a pair or Cortech Scarabe gloves for winter and the are really nice for a sub $100 pair of gloves. Have you found anything interesting yet?
post #11 of 11 (permalink) Old 10-25-2012, 11:12 AM

Good Guy HeldUSA

My Held Air Hero gloves that I remarked about on up the page worked just fine for my cross-country adventure back in July... but two or three weeks ago I noticed that there were some spots where the stitching was deteriorating. Since they were brand new at the end of May 2012 ($129) I was concerned.
I contacted HeldUSA and they asked me to send them for evaluation and/or repair.
I got an Email from HeldUSA this morning telling me that they were unhappy with the quality of the gloves I received from them (I ordered on-line directly from HeldUSA).
They do not manufacture the Held Air Hero anymore. It has been replaced by the Held Agadir ($159). HeldUSA is sending me a new pair of Held Adadir gloves.
Win!

GeneHil - Mount Dora, FL
2011 Kawasaki Versys
Viet Nam: Dec67-Dec68 & Jul69-Dec72
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode