Powersport Superstore - Kawasaki Versys Forum
Rider's Gear Discuss protective riding gear

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 10:00 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Powersport Superstore

I know I am probably opening up a can of worms, but I have to get this off of my chest. If anybody is interested in buying anything for Powersport Superstore, DON'T. On the 10th of June I made the mistake of ordering some Nelson-Rigg 950 Saddlebags through Amazon. Powersport Superstore is a partner with them and that was the real seller of these bags. Well, here it is the 20th of June and I still haven't gotten them. They are so backward down there in Texas, that I can't even get a tracking number from them. It supposedly is coming UPS but how can I find out if they won't give me a tracking number. Hell, it took them three days just to process and supposedly ship it in the first place. All I can say at this point is never again will I order anything from them, and I hope none of you guys do either. I'll fix them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 10:38 AM

Did you let Amazon know? Sounds like they wouldn't want to be associated with them as Amazon is considered very reputable.

Holy cow!! You're not alone..........

http://www.resellerratings.com/store...ort_Superstore

Ride To Live, Live To Ride....no, really!

Last edited by El Tig; 06-20-2012 at 11:16 AM.
post #3 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 12:35 PM Thread Starter

Yes, I have sent a an e-mail to Amazon and basically told them that maybe they better do a more complete job of checking out their "partners" in crime. I should hear back from Amazon within 12 hours. I may just see if I can cancel the order. And go somewhere else.
If you look on Powersports website it says they got an A rating from the BBB. I don't believe a word of it. Everybody stay away for these losers. I even told them I was going to rat them out here.

post #4 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 12:50 PM Thread Starter

It looks like Amazon is on it, and I should hear in a few days. If the claim is approved, they will just credit my card for the cost. What a bunch of dirt bags they are. I was suspicious of them, but through Amazon I figured I was safe and I guess I will be, but now I have to go look elsewhere.
post #5 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 02:10 PM

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Garage
I got a gel battery through them last year. No problems at all.Fast shipping and a great price. But then maybe i ordered on a good day.

2009 Blue Versys.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sold
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

I'm not a Gynecologist. "But I'll Take A Look"

Everyone has a plan 'till they get punched in the mouth...
Mike Tyson

"Ya'll can go to hell, I'm goin' to Texas!"...Davey Crockett
post #6 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 04:26 PM

Thanks for the heads up!
post #7 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:33 PM

Must be karma.... Good thing I'm from Texas.
post #8 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

I have been buying from them for a while with no issues.

--
Tony
2002 Honda Goldwing
IBA #24737
(daytime)
post #9 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 08:47 PM

I had nothing but issues from them as well. They ignored my email to cancel my tire order and then when I got the email they shipped I called them and was told too bad it was too late to stop the shipment when they were in fact still in the warehouse. Very poor customer service. They then wanted to charge me for restocking and any shipping fees not originally covered in the original sale if I returned the tires.
post #10 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-20-2012, 09:57 PM

Garage
Maybe they just "F" Up Yankee Orders.

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

post #11 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 04:36 AM Thread Starter

I intend this morning to contact the BBB and let them know what is going on. It isn't like I am the only one that has had problems. There seems to be hundreds of us out there and I am going to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else if I can. At the very least I will see if I can get the BBB logo off of their website. They certainly don't deserve an A rating. And then I am contacting AMEX to let them know what is going on also. This is a long way from being over. They have no idea whom they have F'd with.
post #12 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 05:20 AM

Fyi. The BBB is a joke on itself. You file a complaint online,they email it to the defendant. They can respond or ignore you. After two months if they ignore you they get a black mark next to their company y name on the Bbb website. Oooooh! Its dumb and more irritating than your original problem. Ask me how I know!

Save the aggravation and let it go or just get a refund. Seriously.

Sent from my DROIDX using Motorcycle.com Free App
post #13 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

I know they are a joke. That is obvious. But I just sent the complaint anyway. I hope it does go to Powersports. In my complaint I told them I was going to go out of my way to spread the news about how lousy they are and that I was going to do my best to ruin them.
post #14 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:30 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
I know they are a joke. That is obvious. But I just sent the complaint anyway. I hope it does go to Powersports. In my complaint I told them I was going to go out of my way to spread the news about how lousy they are and that I was going to do my best to ruin them.
Not to be a wet blanket, but this effort is about as usefull as trying to teach a pig to sing. All you do is waste your time and annoy the pig; in this case you usuallly end up looking like a doofus. If they are truly as bad as you want to believe, they are already on the path to ruination and I would take a step back and watch the crash. It's just my view but this plan seems packed with bad karma.

My dog has taught me that if you can't chew it or hump it, piss on it and move on
post #15 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DOG View Post
My dog has taught me that if you can't chew it or hump it, piss on it and move on
I think I just found my new SIG.
post #16 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 08:04 AM

The BBB is a joke. A good friend of mine had a freak give him a bad rating at his store and he received a lower rating. He was then contacted by the BBB a little while later and told if he paid a premium members fee they would upgrade his rating back to where it was. He called them extortionists and requested the lowest possible rating as his business was very succesful and he felt they were irrelevant. The BBB and Consumers Guide are old dinasours that no one under 40 even really thinks about. A BBB recommendation doesn't mean jack ****. Thanks for the heads up. Everything is bigger in Texas, including the piles of bull ****. J/K.
post #17 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 08:56 AM Thread Starter

I just heard from Amazon, and the bags are out for delivery today. It still doesn't change my mind about Powersports. They still suck and I will never get anything from them again.
I know it isn't just me, there are many other people just as pissed of as me at them. I do hope they eventually fail. And if I can facilitate that so much the better.
post #18 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 09:44 AM

Just a note but depending on payment type and shipping you are almost within their listing. Yes they should be able to give you a UPS/FEDEX/USPS number to track but if you ordered on the 10th (Sunday) and figure 1-5 business days to charge your card/e-check and looking at their shipping terms:

Continental US Street
Standard Expedited Two-Day One-Day
ETA 3 - 5 business days 1 - 3 business days 2 business days 24 hours

The earliest they could have had an update would have been Thursday or Friday afternoon. If after 4pm UPS might or might not have a tracking number. It depends on the business account they have with UPS/Fedex. If its USPS good luck.

Heck even Twisted Throttle has a turn around time of 5-7 days for me and I'm a few states away. I order from a variety of retailers online and I don't think I've ever seen a turnaround time shorter than 5-10 days. I think UPS/Fedex hates Maryland.

Just food for thought. Heck the shipping manager could have been on vacation or out sick or worse dead. I know several small companies that have had that issue and it severely bjorks up the smaller companies because they don't have a lot of staff to backfill. I'd call them or email them and let them explain. If they can't then forget about them and take your money elsewhere.

What amazes me is the people who want to return items complain about restock fees and return policies when their policies are stated in bold on their reseller page. Sorry tangent from looking at their reviews on amazon. 4.5 stars on 30k transactions seems pretty good. Stuff happens.

I empathize with you but looking at the calendar shows that since the 13th or 14th there have been 4-5 business days since "processing" your order. Seems normal to me. Now if it had been 2 weeks to 1 year I would be like damn that vendor sucks.

"Why do I ride?"

post #19 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 AM Thread Starter

What you say maybe all true, but I was looking around for another supplier, and many of them stated it would be shipped out either that day or the very next day. Don't give me a possible arrival date of the 14th, when you don't ship it till the 13th and it's going UPS ground. At least be reasonable in your estimation. You know as well as I do that these guys have a horrible reputation and deservedly so.
post #20 of 33 (permalink) Old 06-21-2012, 10:18 AM

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by massconn72 View Post
I intend this morning to contact the BBB and let them know what is going on. It isn't like I am the only one that has had problems. There seems to be hundreds of us out there and I am going to make sure it doesn't happen to anyone else if I can. At the very least I will see if I can get the BBB logo off of their website. They certainly don't deserve an A rating. And then I am contacting AMEX to let them know what is going on also. This is a long way from being over. They have no idea whom they have F'd with.

They must be shaking in thier boots..... Sounds like you need a hobby or to get laid..

2009 Blue Versys.
Sold

My Farkles...

My Video Channel

My Photos...

Mike Tyson

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Versys Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode